Am I the only one with a Harley

junkyardjeff

I have no problems with harleys, or those who ride them. I just flat out can't bring myself to spend the money. They also don't have anything in there line up that fits my fancy- other than a street glide, and I believe I would be let down by the handling. I will continue to ride triumph =)

I could not bring myself to own a Harley... There is nothing wrong with them. I just dont care for the Doctor Lawyer squids that flock to them because they are a HARLEY! They are american made... They are awesome...

My comment... You are a tard and only got one becuase your dumbass brothers uncles sisters neice that dated your step daughters nephew said they were cool and you wanted to look cool in his eyes...

I will still remember them as the oil leaking moto bikes that they were 10-15 years ago... Before the Japan based companies stepped in and fixed the EVO motor and stopped all the oil leaking... Basically bailed there heading for the trash heap asses out of the dumps.

But no I dont have a issue with them. Just "MOST" of the retards that ride them.

Sorry, I am not a follower... And to me that is exactly what 90% of the riders of those bikes are...

Edited by Beegreenstrings

IMHO, Harley has eroded their credibility with a lot of motorcyclists by being too good at marketing.

HD "technology" is largely archaic. They said "bullet-proof" or "classic." It's all in how you frame it. And that's not a slam against harley. Spending tons of cash on R&D would be a dumb (business) move when their existing bikes sell so well. If it ain't broken...

And HD has learned to do the cruiser thing very well. I was reading a comparison of touring bikes (probably some mag i picked up on an airport), and the HD was rated better than the two large japanese tourers it was up against; even in handling.

But even HD faithful have to admit that they're kind of a one (maybe two) trick pony. They build bikes that cruise, or tour. There's a huge portion of the market that they ignore, and essentially alienate.

I have nothing AGAINST cruising, but given the choice, I'd rather be on a race track. Lord knows the money I saved by buying my Honda instead of an HD will pay for a LOT of trackdays :D

I could not bring myself to own a Harley... There is nothing wrong with them. I just dont care for the Doctor Lawyer squids that flock to them because they are a HARLEY! They are american made... They are awesome...

My comment... You are a tard and only got one becuase your dumbass brothers uncles sisters neice that dated your step daughters nephew said they were cool and you wanted to look cool in his eyes...

I will still remember them as the oil leaking moto bikes that they were 10-15 years ago... Before the Japan based companies stepped in and fixed the EVO motor and stopped all the oil leaking... Basically bailed there heading for the trash heap asses out of the dumps.

But no I dont have a issue with them. Just "MOST" of the retards that ride them.

Sorry, I am not a follower... And to me that is exactly what 90% of the riders of those bikes are...

Tell us how you really feel..:lol: Seems like they're more into marketing than R&D huh? I still like some of them.

I love my Harley. I bought mine because I had a Triumph Speedmaster and was riding by a harley dealer one day and made the mistake of stopping. The dealer I went to had demo bikes all the time and I rode their Deluxe demo bike every day for about a week. Bought one about a month later and I've never regretted one penny I paid for it.

Harley owner here too.

Finally got to an age where the speed demons have left me....for the most part ;) and the wallet could afford one.

Sold the GoldWing and haven't looked back.

First thing I noticed was how much more plastic the non Harleys I owned had in comparison.

Harley owner here too.

Finally got to an age where the speed demons have left me....for the most part ;) and the wallet could afford one.

Sold the GoldWing and haven't looked back.

First thing I noticed was how much more plastic the non Harleys I owned had in comparison.

Please tell me the Goldwing wasn't the cure for your 'speed demons' -- because if that's the case, you're doing it wrong. :p

I looked at the HD's but in the end I chose more bike for a lot less money I just have to live with the fact I can not run around with my bike brand name on my underwear. If I had a ton of money to blow I might enjoy being able to buy one and all the crap to go along with it.

Please tell me the Goldwing wasn't the cure for your 'speed demons' -- because if that's the case, you're doing it wrong. :p

Hehe I can see where my post could be misconstrued.

Nah the GW wasn't the go fast bike.:D

The go fast was a '87 Honda 600 Hurricane I rode for about 6 months until back problems forced me to reconsider my options.

Went the cruiser route and bought a '84 Virago 1100 that the wife and my back appreciated more but a move to the USA forced me to sell that.

After a couple years of spring fever without a ride we bought a '84 CB Custom 1000.

Loved that bike but made the mistake of taking the wife for a ride on a GW and trying to please her I traded the CB in on a GW.

Rode that for a few years but never had any real connection with that ride.

Rode a friends HD Deluxe.....end of story

My wife now rides and has a '84 V30 Magna.

Great little bike but she's ready for "her" Harley

harleys arent for everyone..

cruisers arent for everone..

sportbikes arent for everyone..

suzukis arent for everyone..

get where im going..

at first i hated harleys..

and didnt think id ever really enjoy a cruiser..

but the more bikes i ride, the more i ride different bikes the more i experience what they are all about.

i love sportbikes.. the speed, the handling is amazing.. the rush is just incredible and unexplainable.

touring bikes are great as well.. you get a decently comfy ride with the ability to still rail some corners.. and the technology that goes into them is absolutely amazing.

cruisers are another breed. its like the hot rod of bikes.... they are more customizable. and the comfort is unsurpassed. your more in a relaxed position then in any other bike.

Harleys to me are like a 60s muscle car. parts are super abundant, and they are more customizable then any other bike out there. they are mostly metal big ass sleds..

sure they arent the fastest thing on the block, but you dont buy one for speed. you buy one to cruise on, make it look they way you want, and make it sound good.

i hate to say it, but there isnt another cruiser that sounds better than a harley.

Yamaha is in second.. they sound great, but they are just missing a little something to make it perfect.

• Upvote 1