Speeding justice

MCN - Motorcycle News

I've flashed my lights before but people these days seem to be oblivious anyhow. In my locale if you're going less than 15 over all you've got to do is take your foot off the gas when you see a patrolman & they'll give you a pass. I guess they figure that there are bigger fish to fry in the barrel. (Just stay in the 85 percentile unless you're riding a fast bike, then go for it unless they've got your plate already.) Ohio is great. Seattle sucks (6mph over & you're paying $190).

I've flashed my lights before but people these days seem to be oblivious anyhow. In my locale if you're going less than 15 over all you've got to do is take your foot off the gas when you see a patrolman & they'll give you a pass. I guess they figure that there are bigger fish to fry in the barrel. (Just stay in the 85 percentile unless you're riding a fast bike, then go for it unless they've got your plate already.) Ohio is great. Seattle sucks (6mph over & you're paying $190).

Yea, I got a ticket on 315 summer of '09 6 mph over in a construction zone. Ticket was $195 did not double. Also got pulled over a quarter mile from my exit :nono: Cop saw my license was from Cincinnati So not court appearance:bow:.

Every officer is different and so is every department. I've been given warnings for what could have been 15mph over and ticketed for 5mph over.

As for flashing the lights, well, it is a nice gesture but you got to make sure the people your warning arn't cops. Kind of like flashing the high beams at someone who's lights look like their on high. If it's a cop they can ticket you for intentional blinding.

Normally when I get pulled over, I don't say much because I always intend to take my tickets to court and I don't want to inadvertantly provide them something to use against me in court. However the one time I was pulled over for flashing my lights, I did put forward the argument that when I did that, all the other drivers who were speeding subsequently slowed down and wasn't that the point? I don't know if he planned on ticketing me or not, but he never did.

A friend of mine passed an officer on his way home from work. He flashed an oncoming car to warn him and the officer chased him down and gave him a verbal warning. It is never about safety.

I had a friend who had a cop tail him for five miles heading to a friends house. Apparently he was tying to pull him over with no light my friend said. Pulled into the drive way and gave him a verbal warning as well not sure what he did wrong though. WTF

I wanted to clean my windshield because I didn't see you in that median' date=' since your marker lights weren't visible, but because of your awesome presence and clear position of authority I got nervous and used the wrong switch. Please forgive, almighty representative of small-penised men everywhere.[/quote']

:lol:

I wanted to clean my windshield because I didn't see you in that median' date=' since your marker lights weren't visible, but because of your awesome presence and clear position of authority I got nervous and used the wrong switch. Please forgive, almighty representative of small-penised men everywhere.[/quote']

;) this is grounds for a verbal warning and no time spent in pound-me-in-the-ass prison