Delaware councilman talking about gun bans. I like this guy!

jporter12

why not make people go out of the way for a quick background check on a personal sale?

background checks dont mean anything to be honest, we dont have gun registration.... even criminals all have at least one friend who doesnt have a felony on their record, and its not hard to have somebody buy a gun for you

background checks dont mean anything to be honest, we dont have gun registration.... even criminals all have at least one friend who doesnt have a felony on their record, and its not hard to have somebody buy a gun for you

Yeah, I kinda figured that after I posted. Criminals will get guns anyway they can, but like I said, just a thought/suggestion...

Yeah, I would never let someone do that, but what about domestic violence? You see this more in public than child abuse. I was at a gas station when a guy grabbed his chick by the throat, picked her up and slammed her to the floor. What do you do? I was outnumbered 6:1 but I still yelled at the guy and told him I was calling the cops. Of course he told me to mind my own business but the prego wife (at the time) was yelling at him as well. So I left and called the cops. (I have a thread about it somewhere on here with more detail)

My mom is a dispatcher in South Florida and she hears of people who get involved in domestic violence that aren't a part of it and they usually get the worst of it.

Oh yeah, I remember this story. :nono: What a bad situation.

I would say change the law on selling/purchasing on a personal level. I know it would suck, and it would be hard if family has guns in a house with a crazy in it, but it would stop people from selling to anyone. You have to go out of your way to sell a vehicle by getting it notarized, why not make people go out of the way for a quick background check on a personal sale? Don't hate me, just a suggestion.

How would they control it? If vehicles didn't have to be licensed to be driven on the street, and have the plates displayed, do you think people would jump through the hoops to abide? I don't see how this can be done with firearms.

Exactly. Criminals aren't worried about breaking the law to get a gun to commit... get this... a crime!

How would they control it? If vehicles didn't have to be licensed to be driven on the street, and have the plates displayed, do you think people would jump through the hoops to abide? I don't see how this can be done with firearms.

I don't think it would solve the world's problems, but I think it would avoid some issues with guns, instead of just banning them. Like Tyler said, criminals will do whatever they need to get a gun and I understand that fully. I would hate for people like us, who enjoy firearms for the right reasons, get screwed because of mentally ill people who can just go and buy a firearm from any private seller without having a background check.

The nation of pussies I can agree with. Hell I'm trying to get my ccw in the next month or so as well. Be packing and ready to help if need be. No one from OR would let something happen if they could help I think at least. Si don't see how you can't step in when someone is literal beating their own kid :nono:. I stand up for people even if it means getting my azz whopped in the process but at least I tried.

Just fyi we don't pack, we carry. Thugs and gangsters "pack" :rolleyes: dont start out on the wrong foot.

• Upvote 1

I think you have to take any "theory" to the extreme to examine the results.

Let's assume that every person over 18 is carrying a gun. Mass shooting situations like this would either:

a) end quicker with fewer casualties

b) occur more often, because Joe Hothead would get angry and have a gun at his fingertips to open fire

or

c) both of the above; in which case my primary concern is cross-fire, and not being able to tell if it's 1 nut job shooting up the place, or 20... Honestly, that is the only thing that prevents me from supporting blatant open carry for the masses. I'm confident that I won't lose my shit and open fire on anyone, but if someone else did, and 4 of us return fire, the risk of accidentally wounding each other, or me mistaking someone else as an accomplice is sobering.

Ok, I'll carry not pack :D was thinking about taking a ccw class at NASR any thoughts?

Where ever you take it just take it serious and learn as much as you can. And understand you have a permit to carry a firearm not a license to be a hero.

why do you say that?

I'm not so liberal as to assume, "it would be the wild west! people would be shooting each other in the streets!" But i'm also not so naive to think that everyone is cool-headed and capable of making intelligent decisions in a stressful situation.

I'm not even 100% sure how I would react - everyone else is absolutely a huge variable.

The fact that open carry is legal in almost every state w/out a permit is enough proof that not everyone is going to carry a weapon. They already can and they don't. Besides' date=' and I'm only speaking from personal experience here, I am far less hot-tempered when I have a gun on my hip than I am when I don't. The same goes for most folks I've discussed this with. Honest, law-abiding folks recognize the responsibility and danger associated with carrying a weapon. You don't forget that it's there, so your actions tend to yield to it's demand of respect.[/b']

It is the same way for me as well.

Conceled carry----don't bother with it You will never need you gun because you are not allowed to have it where you need it---- Just say'in

:confused: I carry concealed or open 100% of the time. I fail to see what you are getting at. If I'm not allowed to carry, 9 times out of 10 I just won't go there. I had a bunch of clothes I was gonna donate to Goodwill but they don't allow guns in their store so they didn't get my donation.