Brough Superior replica - $250,000

ReconRat

Sometimes I think these are built just because they know Jay Leno will buy one. This is the type of bike T.E. Lawrence rode. Lawrence of Arabia. All are custom made to fit the rider. Production runs are sold out for 2011 and 2012. About $250,000 each.

Replicating the Brough Superior

wheels-Brough-Superior-SS101-blog480.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/01/18/automobiles/wheels-Brough-Superior-SS101/wheels-Brough-Superior-SS101-blog480.jpg

yeah yeah, I know... it's probably a repost. And I probably posted the original...

American Chopper Had the one they build for him on last night...

I get tired of that show... Everything looks the same after a while.

No kidding one template for almost every build they do. Bikes still look good though.

No kidding one template for almost every build they do. Bikes still look good though.

if you watch...they use almost all one off parts for most of their entire builds...sans the frame...i wouldnt call that "one template" since each bike is almost 100% unique parts

i do agree with the above statement that after watching that show a few times, all of the bikes begin to look the same though... the shape, style, etc all begin to blend...but to say its the same template isnt that accurate since they do put time and thought into every part on the bike, they dont use a generic set of items, like "tank A goes on this bike and this bike and that bike, and the three over there get style B"

if you watch...they use almost all one off parts for most of their entire builds...sans the frame...i wouldnt call that "one template" since each bike is almost 100% unique parts

i do agree with the above statement that after watching that show a few times, all of the bikes begin to look the same though... the shape, style, etc all begin to blend...but to say its the same template isnt that accurate since they do put time and thought into every part on the bike, they dont use a generic set of items, like "tank A goes on this bike and this bike and that bike, and the three over there get style B"

Mehhh... I hear what you're sayin', but very little is done by hand over there anymore, other than assembly. Poole cads everything in the computer, then they water jet & put together

Rick's about the only one who does any hand fabbing anymore

It amuses me how the show used to be 2-4 episodes devoted to a particular bike, & now they usually slap 'em out in one show

PJD is more how OCC used to be when they got their break. I got bored & quit watching for several years, until the whole rift between Jr & Sr happened

OCC anymore belongs on that "How it's Made" automated show

Edited by Fonzie

If I had that kind of money, I'd have it without question. I'd put on a nice era Steib or Watsonian sidecar, and have the bike I always wanted. Throw a Vincent superbike into the mix, and I'd be one happy Anglophile.

Since I can't afford that though, I'll ride a less expensive Italian alternative.