cbr 1k or gsxr 1k

phil

the blue busa lost the race in that video because he thought the throttle was on the left side. (25 seconds in the video) Ross spotted it

Nothing funnier than the thug on a big bike making excuses "awww man ma throttle wuz on da wrong side"

Have fun this summer Phil

Edited by shittygsxr

Honda will be better looking (IMHO), and GSXR will be faster and easier to modify. End of story.

If we're going to suggest busa's though, I had a picture on my old phone of a guy on a fully chromed and zeon'd hayabusa with custom paint ...in the parking lot of a "Pay Days" loans.

I really wish I'd gotten a better picture.

He wasn't talking about dovers bike, I think he called out Dover also.

who knows with this guy then lol...he was calling people out with an LS1 camaro for awhile, then the deal fell through on all 3 of the ones he was looking at... hes gonna show up on a 1960 vespa to drag race dover on his busa....the epicness WILL ensue

Honda will be better looking (IMHO), and GSXR will be faster and easier to modify. End of story.

If we're going to suggest busa's though, I had a picture on my old phone of a guy on a fully chromed and zeon'd hayabusa with custom paint ...in the parking lot of a "Pay Days" loans.

I really wish I'd gotten a better picture.

being at a pay days loans doesnt mean anything to be honest....they cash large money orders, and if he had gotten a money order for something recently that might have been his only option...try cashing more than $500 money order at a post office and watch them laugh at you...friend of mine had 2400 in money orders and it took 3 days of post office hopping to get it down to 1400 (he had one for a thousand that one post office magically cashed - and another for 1400 that nobody would touch) and then he gave up and went to a payday type place to cash the rest (for a fee obviously - $40 or something like that)

Let me get this straight. Dude gives the USPS a fist full of dollars and that USPS branch hands him a money order in return. Your dude receives said money order' date=' but no USPS branch will honor it.

Absofuckinglutely Amazing.[/quote']

his parents loaned him money to purchase a new vehicle since his girlfriend totalled his, they live out of state so they mailed him money orders (thats why there was two of them, his parents arent together)

problem is, post offices never have that kind of cash on hand, and they cant break up a money order and pay you half of it and give you a new money order for the rest, its all or nothing.

they clean out their registers so often and the money is sent out to wherever it goes (im assuming a bank), so they dont have it on hand.

the only time a post office will have that much on hand, is if someone comes in the same day and purchases a high dollar money order like his parents did.

the place that cashed a thousand was some massive building downtown that youre only allowed into like one room of it...i think its their main building or something...we had my gps out and found every post office in columbus and called them, and only the one was able to cash the thousand, and they said they rarely have that much on hand so he got lucky...let alone the second one for 1400

Edited by Steve Butters

Well' date=' if they're going to distribute money orders of that amount, there needs to be a regulated minimum that is to be on site at any given time... but that would make sense.. and that's not how the post office does business.[/quote']

very true lol...that gives me a great idea for the next time i buy a vehicle...if the seller jerks me around too much, maybe ill pay them with a massive money order :lol:

ok let me give the full story since tyler knows all. i bought a beater bike to learn how to ride last summer after spending 3 yrs building a camaro that ran me over $10k and the shit never ran the way it should. i got fed up and sold it. most of my friends rode bikes and i was tired of cars, so i bought a beater bike and rode the ever living dog shit out of it. so fast foward to late dec, a friend at work moved from wisky here and ran into some financial issues, he had a busa (02) and needed to get rid of it. i bought it off of him for a cheap price and told him if he wanted it back i would sell it to him for the exact same price by the end of feb. well he and i are now going back and forth and he is going to buy it back next week. idk if im ready for a busa yet so thats why im asking about 1k. this bike will just be used for the fun drag race and shit talking, nothing outrageous, just a fun bike. now if i keep the busa then ill deal with it from there. im not some dumbass rolling through traffic doing stunts and flying around cars in traffic. thanks for the input

Edited by phil

oh and phil....this is a bad website to ask about a drag bike....most people here think drag racing is for homos and more homos.

really? I prefer to have more than 11 seconds of fun at a time, but I don't think people who enjoy drag racing are outright morons unless they insist upon bashing every other kind of motor sport.

Do whatever you enjoy - just understand that when you take a bike that does what I enjoy very well, and stretch it so it no longer does what I enjoy well at all; i'm going to cringe a little.

I would expect the same reaction from a drag racer if I said I wanted to put a more restrictive exhaust on (limiting power) purely for aesthetics. It negates what they like, so they wince a bit.

Doesn't mean they hate me.

Tell your boyfriend to beat it.. and to take your drag racing ass with him. :nono:

we are not boyfriends, tyler isnt my type. no homo

ive noticed this is a track driven site, but i figured id ask, i know there are a few straight line people here. im not ready to lean as hard as they do so ill just keep my pussy ass to going straight.

really? I prefer to have more than 11 seconds of fun at a time, but I don't think people who enjoy drag racing are outright morons unless they insist upon bashing every other kind of motor sport.

Do whatever you enjoy - just understand that when you take a bike that does what I enjoy very well, and stretch it so it no longer does what I enjoy well at all; i'm going to cringe a little.

I would expect the same reaction from a drag racer if I said I wanted to put a more restrictive exhaust on (limiting power) purely for aesthetics. It negates what they like, so they wince a bit.

Doesn't mean they hate me.

i didnt mean all - just most :D

going down the strip on my bike was the most fun i ever had on it - but i have never had the opportunity to hit a track on a bike that turns a little better, so perhaps im missing out lol

If you wanna be a baller... then this: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2168448188.html

1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 dragbike - $1500 (Hinckley)

Date: 2011-01-19, 10:13AM EST

Reply to: sale-ayb56-2168448188@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1230 Kit. Air shifter. Wheelie bars. Kill switch. Set up for 9.90's. Remote start cart.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3k03m63l95O25V55R5b1j618525e9570b1091.jpg3k13p03oc5V35W65P0b1j692a250cbea81552.jpg3kd3m53ld5Y65Q65T1b1jca06c36536091580.jpg3n03k93m95O35W45P6b1j4c8ad068c4901479.jpg

Cheap, plus it's already setup to go nothing but straight, and if 9.90s are legit, will go quicker than a 'busa in the 1/4 mile with your avg. joe-schmo piloting it.

we are not boyfriends, tyler isnt my type. no homo

ive noticed this is a track driven site, but i figured id ask, i know there are a few straight line people here. im not ready to lean as hard as they do so ill just keep my pussy ass to going straight.

There are VERY few track driven guys on here. There are a LOT of wannabe types and certainly a pile of street know it alls.

But, there are some really into it drag guys and honestly, Ninja Nick or Born Sinner would be who I would talk to about anything straight line.

Oh, and road race guys drag race, too. We gotta get into turn one first ya know...;)

the blue busa lost the race in that video because he thought the throttle was on the left side. (25 seconds in the video) Ross spotted it.

Holy crap! It shows it quickly, but you're right. :lol:

idk if im ready for a busa yet so thats why im asking about 1k.

Whoa Phil, I don't know who informed you, but the Busa is more tame to handle than a gixxer1k. They're both stupid fast, but the Busa is more user friendly than the 1k. If you're not ready for a Busa, you are NOT ready for a 1k IMO. Just giving you my $.02

There are VERY few track driven guys on here. There are a LOT of wannabe types and certainly a pile of street know it alls.

But, there are some really into it drag guys and honestly, Ninja Nick or Born Sinner would be who I would talk to about anything straight line.

Oh, and road race guys drag race, too. We gotta get into turn one first ya know...;)

Brian - JRMMiii should be added to that list too. I've asked him PM before for drag racing tips for launching since he's been doing it for a very long time. But I do know FAST. :D

Just to lay it out there though. I really love both sides of the racing spectrum though. It's just that drag racing is easier to come by/easy access.

:cheers:

Edited by NinjaNick