cbr 1k or gsxr 1k

phil

Holy crap! It shows it quickly, but you're right. :lol:

Whoa Phil, I don't know who informed you, but the Busa is more tame to handle than a gixxer1k. They're both stupid fast, but the Busa is more user friendly than the 1k. If you're not ready for a Busa, you are NOT ready for a 1k IMO. Just giving you my $.02

Brian - JRMMiii should be added to that list too. I've asked him PM before for drag racing tips for launching since he's been doing it for a very long time.

Just to lay it out there though. I really love both sides of the racing spectrum though. It's just that drag racing is easier to come by/easy access.

:cheers:

i was at ask picking up parts for my pos bike and the sales person said the same thing. i wasnt sure if she was jus trying to sell me or being serious. she said its just a better feel and easier to ride than a 1k. i think i learn pretty quick, and im pretty smart how i ride, so thanks for the confrimation on that note.

i was at ask picking up parts for my pos bike and the sales person said the same thing. i wasnt sure if she was jus trying to sell me or being serious. she said its just a better feel and easier to ride than a 1k. i think i learn pretty quick, and im pretty smart how i ride, so thanks for the confrimation on that note.

No problem.

depends on the rider and maintenance... ive heard people say 10k is high miles, and then theres people riding them well past 100k....hell one guy did like 200k on a cbr600 i think...

ask for maintenance records, and hope for the best!

i think the reason most bikes are sold with low miles, is just because people dont ride them often...nice weather cruising, bar hopping, whatever....i dont think its that they dont last, they just either dont get ridden, or they get wrecked....silverfox is at like 100k on her bike i think and its running good last i heard

depends on the rider and maintenance... ive heard people say 10k is high miles, and then theres people riding them well past 100k....hell one guy did like 200k on a cbr600 i think...

ask for maintenance records, and hope for the best!

i think the reason most bikes are sold with low miles, is just because people dont ride them often...nice weather cruising, bar hopping, whatever....i dont think its that they dont last, they just either dont get ridden, or they get wrecked....silverfox is at like 100k on her bike i think and its running good last i heard

well im looking at the white busa at cycle search but 20k (mi) and $6k seemed a little much. but its tits

i wouldnt worry about the mileage too much - as for the price, just do your research...i have no input because im not sure what they usually run and you didnt mention a year

go sign up on a suzuki website and check their classified sections to see what similar bikes are going for

Go do some reading and ask questions on http://www.psychobike.com/ a lot of guys on there that do nothing but drag racing. If I had to choose between a 1k and Busa it'd be the Busa hands down (even tho its ugly) way more comfy, way more manageable than a 1k (don't get me wrong if your an idiot Busa will kill you just as fast) the after market parts list for the Busa is unbelievable. In the end you are the one that has to ride the bike and be happy with it so go with what you like and take it easy on the throttle until you get some seat time on it.

And most important of all respect the power of the bike and if you are afraid of the bike you have no business being on it.

Busas are considered "sport tour" with that said they are more comfy and can be ridden longer. In reguards to the white one just check it out. Tell the guy you want to run a compression check (those numbers dont lie). Look it over real well. I wouldnt be scared of that millage on a Busa especailly if its been street ridden. Nice thing is with bikes/bikers most guys love to brag. If they were drag racers, knee dragers, stunters, etc they are likely to let you know if you ask the right questions. If your still debating on the Busa or the 1K, the Busa is less radical. I'm not saying its slow or for beginers but the 1000's dont weigh anything, are more violent, and are not comfortable. For what your looking to do stick with the Busa and dont ride over your comfort zone.

Brian - JRMMiii should be added to that list too. I've asked him PM before for drag racing tips for launching since he's been doing it for a very long time. But I do know FAST. :D

Just to lay it out there though. I really love both sides of the racing spectrum though. It's just that drag racing is easier to come by/easy access.

:cheers:

You are one of the few that have done some track days. You're on the overall list as well.

I'll make a note about jrmiii.

• Upvote 1

aka "Brian's list of circle jerk buddies"

Nice.

Jealousy is such a funny thing.

There's no list, but if you think this is a majority of track day or racer types, you aren't paying too close of attention... Now, if you feel I am wrong in saying that, it's all good. But, you'd be fibbin' to yourself...;)

I don't think this site is filled with racers. I think it's filled with folks that own motorcycles' date=' with a pinch of guys that think someone that doesn't ride the track isn't a good rider. That's bullshit... and if they think it's not they should buy a street bike and put their race pants where their mouth is. There are more than a few riders on this forum that can ride the wheels off their motorcycles. Riders that haven't even set one Michelin on a road course and can still handle their machines with a great deal of grace and agility.

It's unfortunate, but a few folks I know got a bad taste in their mouth about racers because of this forum. Ego maniacs that think their shit doesn't stink because they have an avatar with their knee on the ground.

I believe track days are a very good way to improve a skill set. However, there are exceptions to every rule. Not everyone can afford track days. If money were no object I'd be rocking a brand new Ducati 848 at every track in this country. However, money is an object.. so I'm just a shitty rider.[/quote']

This isn't a pissing contest, man. The OP stated that the site was full of track day guys. I was saying that is not correct.

There is a shit pile of really good riders on this site. Never stated there wasn't. I did say that there are a lot of wannabe riders. If that offends you, take a look at the threads that are asking tech advice. Guys respond that make sense and obviously know some things. While a lot og guys will chime in and give BS answers that obviously have no clue.

I get fucking tired of hearing the response about "If you aren't a track guy, you must suck". Where the hell has that ever been the case? I get called out because I apparently don't know how to street ride. Seriously?? Hell, I have even been called out by Ben saying I must not know about riding long distances. Dude...

The bottom line is this and something I have stated a LOOOOONG time. Buy what works for YOU. But, don't buy a bike because your testoserone says so. Buying the biggest, fastest, most badass bike just to be cool like the other guys parked at Rally's is stupid. Suck the pride down and realize that no matter how good you THINK you are, you can be better. Be realistic and understand that you should buy a bike that fits your ability. Not what your ego tells you...

I have been blessed to have ridden a lot of bikes in my time. I've been blessed to have a lot of racing seat time. Some good, some not so much. I've drag raced a few times, I've raced some MX (tried to look good in the C class even though I suck at it), I've ridden some crazy ass trails, been on an adventure ride or two and have been allowed to ride some bikes that the public had to wait to ride. Done a lot of things, worked on a lot of things and in the end after over 20 plus years of total riding, I still don't know that much. But, I am willing to help and use the useless knowledge I have in my head to help point someone in the right direction.

If that offends guys, if they think they are better off making and poking fun at that, fine. No hair off my ass, but to be a dick and be stupid and make dumb ass comments, it's just flat out tiring. This site has got more along the lines of being niche amongst a set group of people and it seems to be getting somewhat out of hand. I'm an enthusiast and a rider. Both track and street. I am here to help with people that want it. If they don't, cool.

It's unfortunate' date=' but a few folks I know got a bad taste in their mouth about racers because of this forum. Ego maniacs that think their shit doesn't stink because they have an avatar with their knee on the ground.[/quote']

Seeing that there are what, three racers I have seen on this site with any regularity, I assume you direct that at me. Again, not sure where I have stated that unless you race, you suck. I will also go further to say that if you are calling me out and saying that if I were off a race course, I'd get waxed, maybe you're right. But, being one that never will back away from a challenge, I will simply say "Put your money where your mouth is". Not anything arrogant, but if calling me out, you best know who you are dealing with and if all things equal, you better bring an "A" game along. Not saying I am better than you, but I also believe in a saying "I might just be better than you THINK you are"...

Some guys use an avatar with their "knee on the ground" because they are passionate about performance riding and racing. Why is that bad? Maybe it is bad to see guys with avatars of bikes they could never own or of things they never would do?

Relax, tough guy. Maybe I mis-read what you stated. If so, I apologize and any of the guys on this site that have met me can say that I am not arrogant nor a dick in person. I will tell you how I feel and I may offend someone when they ask me a question they don't want to hear what I really feel, but that's who I am. But, overall, there is no arrogance and certainly no throw downs where I puff my chest out and set a challenge to people. I'm pretty laid back and pretty quiet. I don't talk about myself much either... But, you don't know me so, it is reasonable to think you might mis read what I say also.