Blind Car Mechanic???

JStump

I heard of another guy, forget where, who went blind a few years ago. He wanted to be a mechanic because people said he couldn't do it. So he went to school for it and the school altered tools so he could use them. Like his multimeter has a speaker hooked into it to give the numbers. Really neat.

thats pretty cool, i just dont know how guys can work on cars and not have ever driven one? driving is one of my pleasures in life which led me to enjoy working on cars cuz working on my car means i can go a little faster or make something brighter or just make it look cool but a blind person cant do it for any of that, they must just do it for the sound or the vibrations from the engine or something. it just seems like that would be such a big tease every day.

c'mon , so what if he puts brake fluid in the engine case. he has a family to feed

lol i dont even mean anything as major as that...but what about lining up timing marks? or looking down inside a motor with a bore scope? or any number of things you need to actually see

lol i dont even mean anything as major as that...but what about lining up timing marks? or looking down inside a motor with a bore scope? or any number of things you think you need to actually see

FTFY. You'd be amazed at what you can do while blind. And I'm sure he has his limits on what kind of work he does.

Had a mechanic a few years ago that only had one arm. He did everything. Even had him change my transmission. Came into the shop to see how he was doing on it, and asked him if I could give him a hand with it.........didn't even think about what I was saying........and man did he give me a dirty look!

lol i dont even mean anything as major as that...but what about lining up timing marks? or looking down inside a motor with a bore scope? or any number of things you need to actually see

im sure he has a buddy help out :rolleyes: