Reminder 9PM "Sons of Guns" Discovery channel

scottb

You mean like the fact there isn't a lot of substance in the show?

That plus nothing they have done is really groundbreaking or even new. All they have done is make things that have been around for years and act like they were the first to do it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, case in point, the GSG 1911 .22LR has provisions for a suppressor. Do you need to do anything special to own it? Like whatever the Class 3 deal is about?

Yes.

To own a suppressor, you need to find the one you want, purchase it, fill out the ATF paperwork and pay the $200 to the ATF for the tax stamp, wait approximately 4 months for ATF approval while the dealer holds your suppressor, once your paperwork comes back approved, go to said dealer and pick up the suppressor you paid for months ago.

Easy as that.

FYI, the term masterkey has been around forever and its much smaller and more form fitting then what they made.

example, the Remington 870MCS or the Kinghts Armament M203 Masterkey

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/Firearms/Shotguns%20Pump/Breachers.aspx

http://www.defensereview.com/new-remington-870-modular-combat-shotgun-mcs-and-870p-max-for-mille-apps/

http://www.knightarmco.com/m203_12ga.html

That bad?:rolleyes:

Not bad, it was ok. They really overplayed what they were doing, making it seem like a big deal and big inventions/innovation when it wasn't even close to that. So that made is seem kind of cheesy.

Not bad, it was ok. They really overplayed what they were doing, making it seem like a big deal and big inventions/innovation when it wasn't even close to that. So that made is seem kind of cheesy.

I agree. When the one guy said,,,who ever would think about attaching a shotgun to M16??? I was like,,,has this guy never played Call of Duty!?!

There was a Mossberg mounted to a M-16 in Predator and Duncan Long has pics of a semi-auto mounted in one of his books so its been done.

It would be cool to work on their projects but I hope the ball gets rolling and don't turn into OCC.

ETA, I know Preditor is Hollyweird but the book was supposed to be prototype pictures.

Edited by bandit12

I understand the concept isn't new, but aren't the shotgun based master keys a pump variety and the one they are working with doesn't require a pump action? Meaning, it is easier to use and can be faster in an intense moment?

Note: I haven't finished the second show yet... I am basing it off the shotgun they were using for suppressor testing...

Im not super impressed with the show yet.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Some of the dad's sayings are kinda funny

I was kinda hoping for more technical stuff, .... I see the show turning into a drama between what the dad wants to do and the daughter nagging on him about staying focused

The daughter's freakin' annoying

That sucks maybe I'll just watch it and see the daughter....

:lol: From the pictures she pretty hot not sure if she short though but who cares :D

She ain't that great. The pix posted in the other thread were very flattering