$1.50US/gallon synthetic gas a reality?

modular

its already going on such a large scale, that it cant be bought out by big oil.

You drastically underestimate the oil companies and their vested interest in keeping the market share they have. When your profits are 7.5 billion per QUARTER, you have enough money to bury anything you want. One of the only entities as powerful as the oil comglomerate is Big Food, hence the massive corn subsidies and the wholesale burning of 30% of our corn supply. World starvation? Fuck that, I want to save .03 a gallon on gas.

there was a guy in Chillicothe about 1996 that was coming close to perfecting a water powered engine and then he mysteriously disappeared.

I've heard that story before. I also heard about a guy in Whitehall that had a carbureted car (in the 80's I think) that was getting around 100 MPG, that mysteriously disappeared.

hahaha, I know a little bit about exotic encapsulated aircraft fuels. It's an entirely possible technology. You won't find much, if any, information on the subject. What little I've seen on the internet, was removed.

edit: this post will probably now be removed...:eek:

Edited by ReconRat

I've heard that story before. I also heard about a guy in Whitehall that had a carbureted car (in the 80's I think) that was getting around 100 MPG, that mysteriously disappeared.

That was a mechanic at the Buick shop on Hamilton, who found it. What I heard happen, is that on a trip into the shop, it was removed and returned to Buick. They put a standard carb on the car in it's place.

edit: To be more specific, the owner returned to the shop and asked, since his gas mileage went down to normal. And they told him what had happened.

Edited by ReconRat

the fuel algae makes will be a direct replacement of gas - theyre oil based and will run just like normal gasoline

the only problem with algae fuel would be making enough of it to keep up with our needs

Try Grand Lake St. Marys. All you neded is a huge, shallow lake with lots and lots of manure runoff.

Try Grand Lake St. Marys. All you neded is a huge, shallow lake with lots and lots of manure runoff.

yea they say theres plenty of land being unused that would work out once the technology is developed

it just needs more R&D before its a viable option to produce it in the amounts we would need as a country

I heard this guy knew a guy who knew another guy whose brother's sister dated a guy who worked for a guy that worked with a guy who told his friend that he overheard two guys talking about an engine that ran on air from the atmosphere...

i heard that guy disappeared...

heres one water car - but small scale projects like this will never hit mainstream....big oil and/or the gov will buy this guy out and bury this car

I like this guy and what he came up with, but like others have said... The big oil companies will put a hit on the guy and he will disappear like the last guy that built a car that runs on just water! It's sad, very sad, that some people will not let technology, like a car that runs on just water, help not only us but the earth we live on!

But, why even try.. We will be all gone in 2012 anyway right?? Haha

yes, the paranoia about the oil companies is just for us who wear foil hats....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Diesel

consider for a moment, this guy shows up in 1913 with an engine running on peanut oil, then has a mysterious accident resulting in his death....