Notary Needed Cbus

madcat6183

Okay, this can be moved but I have no idea where lol.

I need a local notary in CBus if possible to help with the new track bike title, from NJ. I am not sure what all is required(he signed off, might be illegal but oh well), and I need a "favor".

Moms a notary but she isn't really supposed to notarize my purchase/sales. Anyways, I have the title signed off, and just need to complete it with a notary. Being out of state do I have to have a vehicle inspection done, or just check the vin on the frame like my travel trailer was?

There is no way it will pass a "inspection" if at the BMV but the vins match.

I will buy beer for you, hookers if you need one, and blow if I can find a deal.

Thanks guys/girls!

Okay, this can be moved but I have no idea where lol.

I need a local notary in CBus if possible to help with the new track bike title, from NJ. I am not sure what all is required(he signed off, might be illegal but oh well), and I need a "favor".

Moms a notary but she isn't really supposed to notarize my purchase/sales. Anyways, I have the title signed off, and just need to complete it with a notary. Being out of state do I have to have a vehicle inspection done, or just check the vin on the frame like my travel trailer was?

There is no way it will pass a "inspection" if at the BMV but the vins match.

I will buy beer for you, hookers if you need one, and blow if I can find a deal.

Thanks guys/girls!

Its a track bike.. Don't worry about the title being in your name, cause then you'd have to pay taxes on it.. My last bike had a salvage title in someone elses name, and my current bike the same.. I'm not going to title mine.

Oh I got his ID when he was here. Moms was in town too, ans asked if I wanted her to, she did my last bike, but I thought it was a gray area.

Okay I will have her notarize it next weekend and be good. I don't want to title it but was thinking if I got it notarized at least I had it in case of "stolen recovery" bullshit started.

?? Or I could just get hookers and blow.

Just an FYI, the seller can get it notarized without you being there or signing it, just not vice versa. That usually doesn't happen because if the seller were to lose the title, anyone could sign their name and it would be their bike. That's has I was told by FedEx, a bank and a couple other places I've used and that's what I did on my last car.

Your mother can notarize your document. She's not allowed to notarize anything that she can/will gain from. That could constitute a conflict of interest' date=' but your track bike is of no concern to her, right?

No matter who notarizes it, [b']it's still illegal if the seller isn't present to show identification.

I just sold my bike yesterday and called the bmv they said I just had to endorse the back of the title and that was all no need to show id. That's what I was told.

I just sold my bike yesterday and called the bmv they said I just had to endorse the back of the title and that was all no need to show id. That's what I was told.

The point of notarizing is that a separate third party was present to say that the people's signatures are real and were forced into signing. if that bmv doesnt require it to be notarized that's something different......and weird.

The point of notarizing is that a separate third party was present to say that the people's signatures are real and were forced into signing. if that bmv doesnt require it to be notarized that's something different......and weird.

I called and that's that I was told, I even ask the guy is he sure and confirmed that. I thought the same as you. The guy that bought it has a family notary and the title was signed with him present. If theirs a problem I'll just have to go not a big issue I think.

Yeah, the BMV isn't happy about a seller signing off a title without a notary. They aren't happy about buyer signing off before coming in either. Both can invalidate a title and force the seller/buyer to get a new title and start over.

They also want the signature to exactly match the name shown on the document.

and congrats on a track bike..

Just an FYI, the seller can get it notarized without you being there or signing it, just not vice versa. That usually doesn't happen because if the seller were to lose the title, anyone could sign their name and it would be their bike. That's has I was told by FedEx, a bank and a couple other places I've used and that's what I did on my last car.

you're both actually wrong.

justin - while most banks will notarize it with only the seller present (they have done mine on several occasions), this is not the legal way to do it, and the BMVs are cracking down on it. a friend of mine bought a car and we had a mobile notary come out and he notarized the sellers info, and my friend forgot to his info on it....went to bmv and my friend filled out his info and the lady said that he needed to have the seller present. i asked her about this specific circumstance where the sellers info had already been notarized, and i told her ive done it this way before with my bank, and she says while a lot of banks will do it, it is not the legal way to do it and they wont accept it at the bmv. she then wrote on the title making a note that the seller needed to be present. we spoke with her supervisor who confirmed the same info.

so while the seller "can" get their info notarized without a buyer present at some places, this is not the legal way to do it.

if you do it this way, when buying just make sure to fill out your info completely before going to the bmv, and vice versa for sellings, have them fill out the info before going to bmv

jst2fst - that guy is a fucking idiot...thats what notarys are for, if you didnt need it notarized then anyone could steal your title, sign your name on it, and then sign their name and turn it in and get a title...it doesnt work like that, both parties have to be present for a title to be notarized

Edited by Steve Butters

Haha, no bodywork etc on it yet and they are in storage already. Trust me there will be pics come nice weather when I get some help putting the race work on.

If you need help putting the skins on let me know. I've never done it but wouldn't mind learning/helping. Or if you need someone to stand around and drink all the beer Im excellent at that.

They won't notarize it if the seller isn't present to show identification. Kind of negates the reason for needing a notary. That's why the OP "needs a favor".

Like dubguy said.. don't worry about titling it if you're using it for a track bike. That's just wasting money.

I never met my buyer when I sold my 636. The girl was in TX and she did the notary stuff down there and it got sent to me up here. Then her b/f (playerpro) came and got the bike and took it to his house until she came back into town. This must be a different situation.

What I meant to say was you(buyer) can't take an unsigned title to the BMV and get it transferred. If it's already notarized by the seller' date=' then all is well.

and to tbutera... there's a difference between a notary and a deputy registrar. I don't have to have the buyer present to notarize a title. The only signature I give a damn about is the seller's. My job as the notary is to verify the identity of the seller. The buyer is of no concern to me.[/quote']

Gotcha. I understand now.:cool:

What I meant to say was you(buyer) can't take an unsigned title to the BMV and get it transferred. If it's already notarized by the seller' date=' then all is well.

and to tbutera... there's a difference between a notary and a deputy registrar. I don't have to have the buyer present to notarize a title. The only signature I give a damn about is the seller's. My job as the notary is to verify the identity of the seller. The buyer is of no concern to me.[/quote']

according to the supervisor at the bmv (not just some lackey at the desk), both parties need to be present when the title is notarized or else its no good.

like i said, i was with my friend and he had a title with the sellers info notarized and he took it to the bmv and forgot to fill out his section. at the counter, they told him its no good and made a mark on the title so it could not be used again unless the seller was there. she told him that both buyer and seller need to be notarized, not just the seller.