MSF Clas Registration is now open.

buxnut

Just a friendly reminder that the state sponsored MSF motorcycle training courses are open for registration starting today.

https://www.dps.state.oh.us/MOScheduling/

There are already seats being filled. Get 'em while they are still there!!

I took the BRC course a few years back and it was Well worth it. I took the ERC course last year and it was so so. it rained on us the entire day so that may have had something to do with it too.

Bill.

• Upvote 1

thanks, i just got the last seat in the first april class. is there a fee to get the motorcycle endorsement on your license after you finish the course? cuz my birthday is the 24th of march so ill be renewing my license and then a week later will be getting my motorcycle endorsement which would really suck if i had to pay to get my license twice in a week, not to mention plate renewals :/

thanks, i just got the last seat in the first april class. is there a fee to get the motorcycle endorsement on your license after you finish the course? cuz my birthday is the 24th of march so ill be renewing my license and then a week later will be getting my motorcycle endorsement which would really suck if i had to pay to get my license twice in a week, not to mention plate renewals :/

yes there is a fee because you have to get new license all together so whatever it costs to get the new ID. Last year I went through this bs when I had to get my license in march (my bday is also the 24th ironically) and then do it all over again in may when I got my endoresement

yes there is a fee because you have to get new license all together so whatever it costs to get the new ID. Last year I went through this bs when I had to get my license in march (my bday is also the 24th ironically) and then do it all over again in may when I got my endoresement

that really sucks, what if i somehow get into a class before/on my birthday, will i just have to pay one fee to get both my endorsement AND my license renewal?

the class would have to be before the birthday so you can get the card to take to the BMV so you can get the endorsement at the same time of getting the new license. Unless you want to roll on an expired license for a week. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you like 19? Why do you need to get a new license?

For my class all the walk-ons got in. The fee for the endorsement at the BMV is the same for a replacement license (the only thing they are doing is checking off the moto endorsement box and reprinting your license with the added endorsement)

You may be able to pull it off, but YMMV.

I'm 20 and I think you have a week to renew your license after the expiration date.

From DMV

Prior to Expiration Date

Ohio Revised Code Section 4507.09

A driver's license will normally expire on the fourth birthday after issuance. There is an exception for drivers between the ages of 16 and less than 21. A driver license can be renewed anytime prior to its expiration date.

However, if an Ohio License is renewed more than 90 days prior to its normal expiration date, the license will expire on the customer's fourth birthday (three years plus the customer's upcoming birthday) from the date of issuance.

So you should be good to do it early and not have to take the course.

I just registered for the August 6 Advanced rider course. I would have liked to get in for the June course, but that's too close to the new baby arriving.

I had a bit of a problem with their registration, trying to do things a bit different. It seems for the ARC, and ERC there's a checkbox for having a current endorsement. If you go to register from the course list, that did not come up for the ARC, but it came up when going to the register page and selecting the ARC, then selecting the location and course after that. Ugh...

From DMV

So you should be good to do it early and not have to take the course.

Yeah, that's the thing, I wanna take it early so I only have to pay one fee to renew my normal drivers license AND get my MC endorsement but my license expires like 2 weeks before I take the MSF.

So I called the BMV and they said it would be like $30 if I did both at the same time and $50 if I did the endorsement addition like 2 weeks later so it looks like I'm gonna be hopping for a walk in seat in an early class lol