2003 Subaru Impreza WRX w/ 41k Miles

BadTrainDriver

SOLD!!!

I wouldn't even think about selling my car...but I've found a 2007 STi that I've fallen in love with. In order for me to buy the STi, my WRX has to go!

2003 Sedona Red Pearl WRX Sedan w/ 41k miles(mileage will increase slightly, it is my DD).

I am the second owner, purchased from the original owner in October of 2009 w/ 27,500 miles, and it was completely stock except for the Perrin exhaust. The original owner was a long time Subaru car salesman, he bought the car to use on the weekends...and it was hardly driven. It was a New York vehicle originally, and Carfax backs up the low miles.

In the year and a half I've owned the car, I've made quite a few nice improvements. It's always ran like a top, and it's never let me down.

The majority of the modifications I've done have been geared around the handling and "feel" of the car...not power. This car has NEVER had a larger turbo, injectors, or any other power adding modifications(only what's listed)...so no worries that the car has been run to death and put back to stock(like a lot of turbo Subaru's have).

Everyone who knows me knows that when I do something, I do it right, no expense spared, and this vehicle shows it!

Here's what all she's got:

JDM Style Hood Scoop Painted Correctly(Black Uprights, same basic design as stock, just slightly taller). I have the stock scoop also.

Perrin Stainless Steel Sport Tone Cat Back Exhaust(Can be replaced with stock cat abck exhaust in excellent shape if so desired).

SPT Intake and Heatshield.

Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley.

Drive Belts replaced w/ new Subaru items.

A/C Belt Pulley replaced.

NGK Platinum Spark Plugs.

Ixiz Concepts Hood Struts(Stainless Steel version).

Opensource Road Tune(just to make sure everything is safe).

Group N Motor Mounts.

Group N Transmission Mount.

Group N Pitch Stop.

Kartboy Short Shifter.

Kartboy Front and Rear Shifter Bushings.

Turn in Concepts(TiC) Shifter Pivot Bushings.

MSI Tubular Lateral Links w/ Group N Bushings(all 8).

Long outside lateral links bolts, washers, and nuts were replaced with new pieces covered in AntiSeize when links were replaced.

Front Trailing Arm Group N Bushings.

Rear Knuckle Group N Bushings(where trailing arm bolts to).

Kartboy Subframe Lockdown Bolts.

TiC Rear Diff Mount Bushings Race Version.

Kartboy Rear Subframe Outrigger Bushings Race Version.

TiC Fender Braces.

TiC Master Cylinder Brace.

Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings.

Optima Red Top Group 35 Battery.

Kartboy Battery Tie Down Bracket.

WC Lathewerks Black Radiator and Alternator Shroud.

FastWRX Dome and Map Light LED Lighting(not cheap replacement bulbs).

2007 17" WRX Wheels(MINT, No Curb rash at all) w/ 205/50R17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 Snow Tires(less that 2k miles on tires).

Rally Armor Premium Mudflaps Front and Rear(Black w/ Grey Letters).

WeatherTech Digifit Floor Liners Front and Rear.

15% Tint on Front Windows

5% Tint on Rear Windows, Back Glass, 6" Front Windshield Strip.

Llumar Tint, Top of the line.

Those who may not be familiar with Group N Style Bushings listed above...they are still a rubber bushing, yet have a durometer closer to that of polyurethane. Unlike polyurethane, Group N Bushings give off far less NVH. They are a factory Subaru part, designed for Group N Rally Racing, and they are maintenance free...never needing lubed such as polyurethane.

For vehicle protection, I had a Viper 5901 Alarm System professionally installed w/ the following options: Remote Start, Window Automation, Glass Break Sensor, Rear Defroster Hook-up, and 2 120Db Interior Piezo Sirens(BIG $$).

Oil and filter is changed every 2-3k miles with Subaru Filter and Shell Rotella 5W/40 Synthetic Oil. Car burns ZERO oil between changes.

Four Wheel Alignment done roughly 5k miles ago. Car drives straight and true, no uneven tire wear. I can list alignment settings if necessary.

Motul 300 Gear 75W90 in Transmission and Rear Diff.

Motul Synthetic ATF in Power Steering.

Peak Global Antifreeze plus Subaru Conditioner in Radiator.

All service is up to date...this car literally needs nothing except a new owner!!

Obviously it's a frozen tundra in Central Ohio right now...so the car is a little dirty, but here are a few pictures taken this past year. The interior is always kept very clean, and looks practically new. No rips or stains anywhere.

The few pictures with the numbers on the glass were from an Autocross event I attended late last summer. This is the ONLY time the vehicle has ever been raced in any form. I'm 37, married, and drive the car responsibly.

2010-12-09_12-59-26_438.jpg

2011-01-11_20-59-02_381.jpg

solo1029.jpg

solo0828.jpg

solo1107.jpg

Price: $12,000

KBB Private Party Good Condition w/ low mileage add is $11,565

Seeing that I've put close to $5k in the vehicle the past year and a half...I think I'm asking a more than fair price for the car.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or give me a call.

614-406-8866

Thanks,

Matt Rafferty

Edited by BadTrainDriver

i know so little about these? Is this a all wheel drive?

What is the difference between the sti and wrx packages or are they the same car?

It wont be me buying it but I have a guy here at work that has been looking for one pretty bad.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Sti has a bit more power, higher boost, and selectable AWD meaning you can choose to give the car 50/50 power distribution between the front and rear tires, 10/90 which would make it almost all RWD, and everything in between.

Sti has a bit more power, higher boost, and selectable AWD meaning you can choose to give the car 50/50 power distribution between the front and rear tires, 10/90 which would make it almost all RWD, and everything in between.

not on this year. thats only 2008+.

an 03 sti had 50/50 all the time.

beegreen - the wrx has a 2.0L engine, and the sti has a 2.5L engine.....wrx is like the sport model of the impreza, and the sti is like the super sport model

amazing cars, sti or not

2002 was the first year for the WRX.

2004 was the first year for the STi.

All have been AWD, STi has a 2.5 turbo flat four, WRX has a 2.0 turbo flat four.

WRX is fixed 50/50 split w/ rear limited slip diff.

STi has DCCD(driver controlled center diff) w/ front and rear limited slip diffs.

WRX is 5 speed.

STi is 6 speed.

WRX=power.

STi=more power.

STi=sexy Brembo brakes.

There are many more differences...but these are the main ones.

There was also right around a $10k difference in MSRP...and comparing similar used WRX's to STi's, they still hold around a $10k difference.

I can assure your friend he'll not find a cleaner, well cared for, properly modified WRX anywhere...and I appreciate you passing the link on to him.

Thanks!

DCCD has always been standard on the STi.

You might be thinking of the I-Drive system.

That was new for 2008 on the STi.

the DCCD is different

http://www.awdwiki.com/en/subaru/

pre-08 had 35/65 front/rear and you were able to control the locking diffs

08+ youre able to adjust it to 10/90, 30/70, 50/50, etc etc...its got a manual setting where you can adjust front to back, instead of a fixed 35/65

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932701

adjusting on the pre 08 controls how much the diffs lock, not how much power is going to those wheels....above thread will explain that to you (notice it was written in 2006, so its for the pre 08 cars)...youre only controlling limited slip and how much/little it grabs...going from full lock to LS

the awdwiki link at the top of this post will explain the 08+ near the bottom

The DCCD AWD System has three automatic modes in the 2009 WRX STI: “Auto” is the same as in the previous-generation model. The new “Auto (-) Active Sport setting shifts the torque bias to the rear and also opens the center limited-slip differential (no locking factor), which improves steering feel. For driving on slippery surfaces, such as gravel or snow, the Auto (+) setting tightens the LSD. In manual mode, which offers six driver-selectable settings, DCCD allows the driver to vary the front-to-rear torque distribution to optimize All-Wheel Drive performance to suit specific driving conditions.
Edited by Steve Butters