Senate Bill 5

Casper

Do you agree with Senate Bill 5?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Senate Bill 5?

• Yes
    • No

You do realize that state employees file a tax return just like the rest of us right? Most people get money back... they don't pay in.

I'm still lost... the tax money never does leave the "pot" -- just like YOUR tax money never leaves the pot and you float the gov't a 0% interest loan every year. :dunno:

If I wanted to be a cop I would have went to be a cop. Sitting in the "cage" at osu sucks. It's a waste of man power.

When I went into work this morning I got some horrible news. One of our third shift officers got assaulted last night. Now he is in an ICU with swelling of the brain. Are the benefits that everyone claims are so great worth that?

Sorry about your friend. I would not do your job, or that of a teacher.

• Upvote 1

Sorry about your friend. I would not do your job, or that of a teacher.

Thank you. He is doing a little better last I heard he is talking but his brain is still swelled up.

If state employees pay 10% in taxes back why not just pay the employee 10% less so the tax money never leaves the pot.

The main reasons I see with this would be the state gets intrest off off the money that I get back. Like jrmmiii pointed out. Also everyone has different tax amounts to pay. To have a department to check what everyone should get taken from their check and update changes (like marriage/child birth), would cost more money. We also pay taxes into our local communities to pay for schools roads and other local things. I live in a county different from where I work my county really benefits from my tax dollars since I make it in another county. Plus the federal taxes we pay. If we did not pay taxes then people could say look at those state employees they don't pay taxes and be telling the truth. If there are state workers in your county that also helps you since they pay taxes it helps to keep the amount you pay from going up.

Edited by cOoTeR
  • Upvote 1

True, I was just messing though. ;)

I figured you were. I don't think politicians should be payed more than our military. Or they (politicians) should at least take a pay cut during times when military personnel are in combat zones. Bet they would think harder about when they send our men and women over seas.

• Upvote 1

I figured you were. I don't think politicians should be payed more than our military. Or they (politicians) should at least take a pay cut during times when military personnel are in combat zones. Bet they would think harder about when they send our men and women over seas.

I'd like to see a pay scale based on the average income of the people they represent.

you act as if their salary for being in government actually means anything.

it doesnt.

corporations and lobbyists pay MUCH more than the public. THATS who they listen to. not their constituents. we dont pay enough.

you think kasich's 130K year salary compares to the bonuses he got from lehman brothers?

or that cheney's 200K salary was even a drop in the bucket to what he is making from halliburton?

the people do not run america. corporations and special interests do.

Edited by John
  • Upvote 1

We could run with that, and the congresspeople who have a salary that is the farthest away from the national average have their votes mean the least.

I didn't say it was the best or final solution. Just something to base their salary from instead of them making so much for not giving a damn about the people the represent.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Senator Jimmy Stewart sat right across from me, looked me in the eye in a one on one meeting, and told me that he could not support SB5. He voted Yes on the senate floor. I hate liars and thieves. These crooked bastards are elected by us to be OUR voice in the Capital, not to pursue the interests of their party.

• Upvote 1

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Senator Jimmy Stewart sat right across from me, looked me in the eye in a one on one meeting, and told me that he could not support SB5. He voted Yes on the senate floor. I hate liars and thieves. These crooked bastards are elected by us to be OUR voice in the Capital, not to pursue the interests of their party.

Have you considered the fact that you aren't the only person in his district?

Well I'm a Corrections Officer and I work at a Prison in London. And to hear some of the talk on here about how State workers need to take pay cut's or get no wage increases... Fact is I haven't had a raise in 5 years, and yet the cost of living has went up, my insurance premiums have went up, the cost of fuel continues to rise etc...etc... So how can any of you sit there and say we don't do our part to reduce government spending???

Now don't get me wrong I agree some Unions are not doing their part. Brining them in line with with the rest of us is a fair deal. But fucking us all just to get to them isn't right.

And really if you think I'm over paid I invite you to walk a week in my shoes. And I hope you don't end up like one of my Fellow C.O's who is lying in a hospital bed in the ICU at Riverside with severe head injury's, and bleeding on the brain from getting jumped by a inmate. We serve, and protect the public in what we do as C.O's, and frankly if we get paid too much for dealing with the trash the law as deemed "Un-fit" for society, just keep em on the streets.

But that's the view of a Republican for you "Tax breaks for the wealthy" , "and yes I'm happy fucking over the middle class, cause I'm not one of them"

• Upvote 1

Yes, I know I am not the only one in Stewarts District, but like others said, why lie to my face? I would rather he tell me the truth. He represents district 20, one of the hardest hit by unemployment, lack of development, and overall job loss by outsourcing over the last 25 years. So now instead of standing up for the people he represents, he sells them out.

NCR, March Electric, Arrow Molded Plastics, Ames tool, RCA, Cambridge Psychiatric Hospital and Developmental center.....that is just to name a few that we have lost here due to outsourcing. Colgate Palmolive is here, along with Detroit Diesel, and Ridgid Tool, but have cut their staffing. So let's cut one of the biggest employers in the area, Teachers, state workers, police and fire. That should fuck us all back into the dark ages.

Not to mention when they privatize the prison system and send people who deserve a decent wage packing..

Edited by cfd37buckeye