VETS! Share your military service pictures/videos

chevysoldier

For the record... most of us Vietnam Era vets didn't get much thanks. Doesn't matter, didn't care, most of us were drafted anyway. We were ok with it. I expected to be in the military at some point anyway. My whole family tree has been in service.

So after 9/11, in the Atlanta airport, myself and everyone else are thanking the troops for their service. I mentioned to one that was great to see and hear, and it didn't happen when we got back from Vietnam tours. All the troops in the area around us, stood up and thanked me for my service. Welcome Home...

You're making me feel bad lol. You know I'm just messing with you and respect all you have done. When ever I am able to, I always thank the Vietnam Veterans. That was a hell I'm glad I never had to see and am eternally grateful to those that endured it and those that gave everything. One of the reasons troops now get the support they do is because it is YOUR generation that was wronged many years ago and now stand up against that kind of behavior. It is YOUR generation that our country turned against for doing nothing but what your government told you to do. Thank You Tom.

I love all ya guys. The Vietnam era vets I would talk to at the bases always had the best stories. Those guys were awesome. I wouldn't trade my time growing up a military brat, serving myself or being a military spouse for anything.

This is so true. The Vietnam vets have stories that put me into shock and awe. Stuff I cannot even fathom.

I too wouldn't trade my service or marrying a military girl for anything. Being in has given me a connection with so many people I've never met. It is something we have in common and immediately tap into. When I started drilling up at Alliance, I couldn't drive home at night just to go back the next day. So my NCO offered to let me stay at his place. I had known the guy for like 3 hours and he had 7 kids and a wife at home. Didn't even think twice about offering his place for me to stay. I have done the same thing for other soldiers. You don't get that working in an office.

Also marrying a soldier has afforded me some slack. She knows what it's like to work very long hours. She knows what I had to put up with and do. She can sympathize with me while "civilian" wives may not always understand. When I might do something that may seem weird to others, she knows it is because of something I have seen or done.

We're used to it. The jealously sets in as soon as you guys can't score high enough to qualify for our jobs.

I wouldn't say that. my scores were so good that the Air Force offered me everything I could want but I went in the Army so I could have a real job and not have to worry about my golf swing.

• Upvote 1

I was out at Edwards AFB in the mojave from 07-09

Awesome. I went out to Ft. Irwin in the beginning of '04, deployed to Iraq in '05, back to SoCal in '06 then came back to Ohio July of '07 . Small world.

Edited by chevysoldier

Well.... I would post my Air Force pictures but it would put a lot of Army pictures to shame... not only did I get to have fun and get treated well on the Air Force side but I had some good deployments in there too. Ill be posting some soon...

Well.... I would post my Air Force pictures but it would put a lot of Army pictures to shame... not only did I get to have fun and get treated well on the Air Force side but I had some good deployments in there too. Ill be posting some soon...

:rolleyes: Make sure you post some up of the doggie!

He is sitting in NC...

Sweet pics Adam. What did you have to do to get that kind of job, to have a dog? Maybe I'll go in the AF and try to get it! Sucks you gotta leave them behind. I'm sure deploying with one really makes it hard to leave him behind.

Sweet pics Adam. What did you have to do to get that kind of job, to have a dog? Maybe I'll go in the AF and try to get it! Sucks you gotta leave them behind. I'm sure deploying with one really makes it hard to leave him behind.

The one in Iraq... Not so hard to leave. ha ha. The one in Afghanistan... Pretty tough... We went through a bit more than Frisko and me. As for the cool job, I went through a lot to get that job and I got made fun of a lot for cross training from an aircraft maintainer to being a cop. ha ha.

Veterans day at Golden Corral i was at a table with a korean war F4 pilot who was shot down twice. it was an awesome story.

Probably was a veteran of Korea that flew F4 in Vietnam.

Geez, stories... Almost everyone that I worked with at Rockwell was ex-military, many were pilots, and stories were everywhere. Some are worthy of passing along forever.

One was a Polish ex-pat in WW2, and flew with the British/Polish squadrons. He flew for the US, and got shot down in Korea, probably a Sabre jet. He crash landed North of the fighting, in enemy territory, jumped out and ran back to friendly lines through the mountains. Chased by North Korean/Chinese troops trying to catch him. Picture that...

Edited by ReconRat

Probably was a veteran of Korea that flew F4 in Vietnam.

Geez, stories... Almost everyone that I worked with at Rockwell was ex-military, many were pilots, and stories were everywhere. Some are worthy of passing along forever.

One was a Polish ex-pat in WW2, and flew with the British/Polish squadrons. He flew for the US, and got shot down in Korea, probably a Sabre jet. He crash landed North of the fighting, in enemy territory, jumped out and ran back to friendly lines through the mountains. Chased by North Korean troops trying to catch him. Picture that...

You were at Rockwell? A guy I work with and my grandfather both worked for North American Aviation/Rockwell. PM being sent.

Speaking of my grandfather, here are some pictures of him. He was in the Army during Korea but never deployed because he was too valuable to send over. They kept him stateside to work on missiles and to teach. He helped design and test the Hellfire missile. I miss him everyday.

x289s3.jpg

2vuini9.jpg

Him and a friend working on a rocket of some sort.

117xyk3.jpg

This is a model of the Hellfire Missile Prototype.

10dsf9f.jpg

And his security clearance from North American Aviation.

2zs43s6.jpg

The last two pics I uploaded to show ReconRat but thought I'd post 'em here too.