New guy from Youngstown

Aetsh

Hey guys/gals, I'm Shaun from Youngstown. Started riding last year on my 81' CM400, had a safe year, and put about 3k miles on her.

I'm into cafe'ish styling for the most part, but I'm looking to get a more modern bike for longer rides, and better reliability, Hopefully I'll own RedKow's 500 by weekend's end :)

I like going to events, and usually end up at bike nights at Quaker state & lube in Youngstown and Sharon,PA..They are close, and it beats sitting at home, although Ive been dangerously close to drowning in a sea of HD's :D Just kidding..

Hope to meet and ride with lots of you this Summer! :guitar:

The honda at the end of last season..Kinda cafeish

How it sits now..Yes, Im still working on finishing the fender haha

and my other 2 wheeled love :D

I've seen that bike at QS&L. Not hard to miss there!

I'm sure I'll be around there this summer more. I've got a black Speed Triple. We should have more folks up there this year from ORN!

Hopefully I'll own RedKow's 500 by weekend's end :)

Sorry I mucked it up Shaun, but you're getting a bike with a voltage regulator that's 10 years newer than the rest of the bike, and a brand new battery for the original asking price :D

The fairings on my bike are in very good shape for a model that a lot of people learn on (and drop) frequently. You could probably sell them and cover the costs of any projects you want to pursue.

If you're into the cafe style, the EX could be a fun little project.

If i'd kept it, I was planning to strip it down, install and under-body exhaust, and slap a circular headlight on the front.

This is one of the better stripped-down EX's I've seen:

kawasaki%2Bninja%2B500%2Bstreetfighter.jpg

I like the look of a painted frame with minimal other color. that's a first-gen EX500, so the front disk is on the wrong side, the fender looks stupid, and the rear is a drum brake. It also has 16" wheels. But otherwise it's very similar to the 2nd gen I'm selling. I believe in this case a lot of the electronics are relocated onto a home made tray under the seat.

Edited by redkow97