Scam?

DTM Brian

I'd be shocked if It wasn't. The picture is old or out of state with the flowers. That's always suspicious. Price has the $ sign after the number indicating that it's likely foreign. Gmail is the third flag.

Why is gmail a flag? I've used it for years trouble free

I use GMail also. But remember how easy it was to setup? Scammers find it easy too. Anonymous, free email accounts (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc) are always a flag. Doesn't mean it's a scam, but if it seems fishy probably is. With an email like that, it's damn near impossible to track them down.

What these guys said....

I have an account too. It's part of a bigger picture. Not the scam itself, but a flag that something may not be right.

Yeah but didn't we just suggest to someone else in another thread to

use a temporary disposable email account when listing on CL to avoid the

bullshit email replies.

Sound like double-standards guys :p Make up our minds ;)

Yeah but didn't we just suggest to someone else in another thread to

use a temporary disposable email account when listing on CL to avoid the

bullshit email replies.

Sound like double-standards guys :p Make up our minds ;)

I like turtles.

yep i bet its a scam, use search tempest and plug in the title and see how many ads over the country it has.

Personally I find that hotmail addresses are 99% of the time the fake/scam deals. I've yet to encounter a gmail for a scam

I'd be shocked if It wasn't. The picture is old or out of state with the flowers. That's always suspicious. Price has the $ sign after the number indicating that it's likely foreign. Gmail is the third flag.

I agree the pictures are out of date but it's an Ohio tag on the car in the background.

My vote is scam too. Notice how he refers to it as "the" bike so many times. Just sounds odd. On a positive note, I did end up selling my 03 Shadow and it was from Craigslist, so it isn't a bad thing once you sort through the bullshit.

scam...that format is used for tons of scams

enjoy being added to their forever-spam list

Ah,but that's what multiple email accounts are for ;)

<edit>

I've used CL many many times in the past but always use a secondary web-mail for correspondence.

Only been tagged by spam once.

Edited by shoemaker