Exhaust

EricKerecz

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted on here because college is keeping me strapped down.

Anyway, some drunk bumped my bike toward the end of summer and the payout was 3300$. I plan on getting a slip on and thunderline was looking pretty nice and reasonably priced at 205$ on sale.

Which power commander should I get and how should I go about remapping when I get both?

Eric

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted on here because college is keeping me strapped down.

Anyway, some drunk bumped my bike toward the end of summer and the payout was 3300$. I plan on getting a slip on and thunderline was looking pretty nice and reasonably priced at 205$ on sale.

Which power commander should I get and how should I go about remapping when I get both?

Eric

get a PC3 and take it down to DTM-Brian in Cbus

Yea it would be fine, I know plenty of people who run a slip on without a PC and re-mapping without noticing a drop off in performance.

However, from everything I hear...you WILL notice an amazing difference after letting Brian tune it

Cause I have a little bit of extra money to waste after replacing what needed replaced. I don't want to spend all of my money on a full exhaust right now so I'll hold off on that until later. 200$ isn't a lot of money

**Paid off college loans for the year already and I want to have enough in the bank to live on for the summer since you asked :)

I was going to buy the full exhaust but they don't have one for the 600, only the 1000

Edited by EricKerecz

I would disagree with NinjaNick. Full exhaust is baller if its a quality exhaust :D

Your pipe sounds pimp for sure. I'm just saying IMO that I wouldn't waste the cash on it for a 6, cheap slip on only if you had to. I got mine for $250+ and it was mainly just to sound better. You can spend your cash however you want, I'm just saying that I don't think it's a good idea.

I do love the sound of your 6 though, ohwadaho. The slip may have done that too though.;):p

Well, in the long run I plan on going to the track but that won't be for at least another year or so. I don't plan on being a professional racer or anything, I mainly am just looking for the sound right now. Either way, I know that getting a pipe isn't the best move performance-wise, and when I do get my next bike, the first thing I plan on upgrading will be the suspension. I don't want to spend 1600$ on a shock absorber right now when all I'll be doing is riding the streets.