is this a good deal?

JStump

so i found a 2006 CBR600RR with 13340 miles on it, dealer was asking $5500 but i got him down to $5000, I also got him to take my 250 ninja as a trade for $2000 so it comes down to like $3000 + tax and all the other fees. it has a 2 brothers exhaust and almost new tires, but there is a small scratch on the tank and the paint could use a little TLC but thats not a big deal, a bit of rubbing compound and it should shine no problem. I didnt ride it because of the weather but it starts up no problems and sounds AWESOME!! do you guys think this is a good deal?

0c1113c7-46ec-4695-ad2b-956776b333f1.jpg

Edited by JStump

Is that at On the Edge? Or Kennedys?

And 133k miles? Really?

its at state 8 in medina and i fixed the miles, lol

is that a typo on the miles? Its not a deal but I wouldn't say its overpriced. Its a dealer so its about on par for what I've seen

ps - sick of the 250 already?

kinda, its a great bike but i have always wanted a CBR600 and i just got a big fat raise at work so im thinking about getting what i want instead of settling.

Edited by JStump

for state rape thats not a bad price, cant believe they are giving 2k for trade in on the 250.

Personally I hate dealing with dealers and their pricing, you're better off selling the 250 and buying a 600RR cheaper. I would think you can get an 05/06 for 4k now since thats what I got mine for almost 2 years ago with same condition and mileage

I'd check insurance first before you make any rash decisions... If you want something better than your 250, I'd look at an Sv650 or Ninja 650r.

You will pay out your ass on this bike at your age and exp. level. Besides, if you're just getting a bike to trawl for bitches, they don't know the difference between an 650r and a zx6r, if it's got fairings it's a panty dropper (if that's one of your n00b concerns)

See what these cats will give you on a trade. My have to road trip, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

http://www.cycletrader.com/Custom-Search/search-results?type=Motorcycle|356953&zip=43209&radius=400&keyword=leftover%20sv650s&sort=year:desc

98175206_1thumb_140x105.jpg

$4195 brand new leftover 2007

for state rape thats not a bad price, cant believe they are giving 2k for trade in on the 250.

Personally I hate dealing with dealers and their pricing, you're better off selling the 250 and buying a 600RR cheaper. I would think you can get an 05/06 for 4k now since thats what I got mine for almost 2 years ago with same condition and mileage

wow, ill keep my eye out for something like this, all the bikes i have seen have been like $6000 for that year and milage

I'd check insurance first before you make any rash decisions... If you want something better than your 250, I'd look at an Sv650 or Ninja 650r.

You will pay out your ass on this bike at your age and exp. level. Besides, if you're just getting a bike to trawl for bitches, they don't know the difference between an 650r and a zx6r, if it's got fairings it's a panty dropper (if that's one of your n00b concerns)

yeah it will double my insurance so full coverage will be like $100 a month :/ and yeah thats kinda why i want a bigger bike :D although when i took my 250 out last week (or whenever that nice weather was) i had a ton of chicks staring me down, but there really arent that many people that ride bike around here so i think any bike is gonna get attention which is cool with me :cool: lol

See what these cats will give you on a trade. My have to road trip, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

http://www.cycletrader.com/Custom-Search/search-results?type=Motorcycle|356953&zip=43209&radius=400&keyword=leftover%20sv650s&sort=year:desc

i really want a full faring bike unless its a ducati monster or something :D

i really want a full faring bike unless its a ducati monster or something :D

You can get lower fairings for these all day.

Here's my 06 with lowers.

DSC00708.jpg

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=72730

sell your 250 and buy this. Its a good price if you dont mind the title.

i was actually looking at that but would i be able to get full coverage on a rebuild bike? cuz if im spending that much on a bike i want full coverage.

Cut him some slack Pauly.

He's got money in his pocket that's giving him road rash. It needs to be spent straightaway. It's not like CBRs will ever be available ever again. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

exactly :D lol

Buying a cbr 600 isn't the worst thing you could do. It will definitely put you in the here & now much more so than the 250. Good luck.

yeah, at least im not like my buddy who i just had to convince not to get a liter bike as his first bike lol