Michelin pilot road 3

wicked94s10

I went to Iron Pony over the weekend to pick up a set of pilot road 2s for my fjr and to my suprise Michelin just released the road 3. Has anyone heard of these or read anything about them? Maybe im going to be the test dummy as I jumped on the wagon and bought a set

http://www.compacc.com/p/Michelin-Pilot-Road-3-Dual-Compound-Tires-V-Rated

I had the road 1s on my zx9 and they lasted longer than any tire I have had on any bike. I hear many good things about the 2s so I jumped on a set of 3s thinking they would not spoil the good reputation they made with the first two models

I was wondering when someone on here was going to try these, I am real interested on your thoughts after some miles.

None of my bikes need tires right now, but the SV might get some new tires soon, and the Road 3's are on the top of the list.

My Z has the Road 2's right now, and I am happy with them.

You'll still be happy with them Max. I have somewhere between 4-5K on my Road2s and my eye sees no wear at all. Some Z guys on riderforums are getting 10K outta them.

You'll still be happy with them Max. I have somewhere between 4-5K on my Road2s and my eye sees no wear at all. Some Z guys on riderforums are getting 10K outta them.

I don't think I will get 10K, but I will certainly see 8K safely maybe more out of my road 2's, but I am heavy, and for some reason the front tire likes to lift on me...:D

Figures, I just bought some 2's at the beginning of winter.

I just bought some 2's knowing full well the 3's were coming out. Got the 2's for about $40 less. Hey - I'm a cheapass.

I considered the 2s but for only 20 more per tire why not try these? they claim to be better in the wet and are said to have a longer life then the 2s. Michelin has a great reputation with the 1s and 2s. I just would not see them coming out with a tire that would hurt there reputation

I considered the 2s but for only 20 more per tire why not try these? they claim to be better in the wet and are said to have a longer life then the 2s. Michelin has a great reputation with the 1s and 2s. I just would not see them coming out with a tire that would hurt there reputation

Most definitely would have picked up the 3s if I expected to do any significant riding in rain. I'm still in the mode of single day rides and commuting so I can pick the weather I ride in more. When I get "caught" riding on wet roads, the 2s will hopefully take care of me.

• 4 weeks later...

I now have now put 3500 miles on these tires in the last 28 days and they seem to not be showing any wear yet. I have ridden them in temperatures ranging from 15-95 degrees and in both rain and dry. They seem to perform very well no complaints yet. Ill let you know if I have them worn out in the next month or two and how many miles they go

I'm curious what you think about the PR3s. I've heard great things about the PR2 so one could hope that they've gotten better.

I'm installing a set of Bridgestone BT-023GTs on my FJR and I've heard rave reviews on them as well. We'll see what happens; I'm a guinea pig too. :)

I dont like to comment on things to early but so far they have been great. I have had them in every kinda weather Ill ever be in and they have done well in each. Grip is very good in all elements. They seem to grip better in the rain than any tire I have ever had. So far with the miles I have put on them they show no signs of wear which many tires would have already.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

just an update for those interested in these tires. I have put about 8-9 thousand miles on these tires, they seem to have about 1000-2000 miles left on the rear and about 3-4 thousand left on the front. I am getting ready to head to maine next week so I am going to throw a set of pr2s on the bike just to see how they compare. All in all I am very happy with the pr3 as far as tire life, grip in wet and dry

I have had no problem with the lean angle on my PR3's. Yes they are on a Triumph Sprint ST but I can tell you that there is not a chicken strip on the rear and a small one still left on the front.