Threw on some misc. items & performed one mod. today

modular

Been gathering parts the last couple weeks and installed them all today as well as modding my pulley cover. Pieces I installed are carbon front fender and side panels, Storz Racing shifter & a pair of Oberon "Racing" style foot pegs. Sorry for the crappy pictures but it was raining out and the garage is small.

P3052611.jpg

P3052612.jpg

P3052616.jpg

P3052619.jpg

P3052620.jpg

P3052623.jpg

P3052624.jpg

P3052626.jpg

Any clips of it with the Supertrapps?

I do not but there are a few XR clips on yt with ST's full exhaust that sounds pretty darn close. It is nice and deep and love the unique sound it puts out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. It does get some questions when I am filling up. Most folks don't even know what it is and "that's a Harley?" pops up a bit. After yesterday I am getting to know the bike better and it really is a whole bunch of fun to ride. Down to about 1/4" on the rear chicken strips:o.

It comes across a little as the anti-Harley Harley. People thought the V-Rod was a bastard child of sorts in the Harley line. This one is right up there with it.....and i like that. The AMA XR1200 series has expanded to 11 races this season and seems to be gaining in popularity like the old 883 series in the 90's.

Friend of mine in England raced one last year. He loved it. It had the full race kit--Termingoni pipes, oil cooler moved up behind the number plate, special forks. Harley sells a race kit for the AMA series, too, but you couldn't run a lot of those parts on the street. I like what you've done to yours. It's the only Harley I'd consider.

• 2 weeks later...

I always felt like the cans where a jigglin too much at idle since putting the Supertrapps on because they did not use the original 2 rear hangers. I have been working on 2 pieces for stabilization. One bolted to the spot where the rear footpeg was mounted and the other bolts to the rear of the cans where I have them braced together. I re-used the grommet from the original muffler mount and bolted it all on today. Think it came out pretty good and the only movement now is in the rubber grommet as designed. Here are a few pics of the results:

P4022684.jpg

P4022685.jpg

P4022686.jpg

P4022687.jpg

P4022688.jpg

P4022689.jpg

P4022690.jpg

did i see this bike on c-list the other day?

Yes, that is it. I was working on these pieces for about a month as time permitted and just finished them to my liking. I am not expecting this bike to sell very quickly so I wanted to have it finished for my own piece of mind as I will still be riding it.