sticker/Decal removal

grapesmuggler27

Ok so I just got the track bike home this weekend and there are a lot of stickers on the bike I need to remove. Anyone have any tip or tricks on removing them without scratching the fairings, and leaving the sticky residue? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Heat gun to warm them up and use a credit card/gift card/etc to peel up the edge and slowly work them off.

You can use sticker removal spray or light amount of goo-gone on a towel to get rid of any residue once the sticker is removed.

Hair dryer to warm it up and peel slowly. Goo GONE works to wipe off the residual glue.

I debadged a 95 maxima 2 years ago with this technique worked fine. Nice coat of wax over it at the end youll never notice.

Originally Posted by chevysoldier

Use a razor and blow dryer/heat gun to remove the graphic. Heat it from inside the plastic. You want to soften the glue not the decal. Go slow and be patient. then this from another sticker removal thread:

Use a smart eraser pad. Hook it to your electric drill and it erases the sticky shit and wont ruin your paint. I use it all the time and works great!!!

http://www.toolsusa.com/asp/item_detail.asp?T1=PBE%209MS%20AP4OOE&trackcode=GoogleBase

P0036096x.gif

21160HYD0ZL._SL250_.jpg

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=54903&highlight=drill

Vinyl decals should just peel off pretty clean. As for any residue there are several solvents that should probably be tested on the paint somewhere first. I used to use naptha on factory automotive finishes, available at the corner store as Zippo fluid. I also have B'Laster DSR (Decal/Sticker Remover) from the auto parts store (picked it up by accident when I meant to grab PB) - pretty much like Goo-Gone in an aerosol.