Thanks to Cheech

Jst2fst

This is how I spent my afternoon....Well after talking to Cheech yesterday on a little problem with my trip odometer not working. I had to do some minor surgery to the bike this afternoon to fix the problem. Well lets say I have no plans on doing this again as it was a bitch to do. Also while I was at it I hid my cigarette power outlet under the tank cover and ran it along the frame to the triple tree.

Here are a few pics of the carnage that wont be repeated hopefully:

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13454

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13453

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13452

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13451

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13450

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13449

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13448

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13447

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13446

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13445

picture.php?albumid=1226&pictureid=13456

All of this was to get the instrument cluster out so that I could fix the reset button that broke. Honda could of not made this any harder to get out.

nice...i remember the first time I stripped most the fairings on my CBR, it wasn't terrible but not a whole lot of fun either

What cig lighter did you go with and I see the general location of where you mounted it but to what exactly? Need to do the same for my VFR and trying to get a general idea of how I wanna do it

nice...i remember the first time I stripped most the fairings on my CBR, it wasn't terrible but not a whole lot of fun either

What cig lighter did you go with and I see the general location of where you mounted it but to what exactly? Need to do the same for my VFR and trying to get a general idea of how I wanna do it

I bought it from Wal Mart in the auto section its an auxiliary power outlet that is pretty much has a long 10ft coiled cord that I just cut off the adapter that fits into a cigarette lighter and hooked it up for now to the battery. Need to tap into a wire that only has power when the bike is on. Its hot all the time so need to fix once I can do so.

As for the location I have mine next to my ignition there is a little space that I'm going to zip-tie it to the front break lines that come from the master cylinder. Or I'll just use some hot glue and place it there but not exactly sure yet.

glad you got it figured out dude!

Thanks

Could you put a switch in the middle of the wire on the adaptor?

Yea, I have some switches to use just didn't have time to do it today. That's the plan as well an inline fuse because the one that came with it was on a spring and didn't really work out that well. I still have some time to figure out how I want to do it.

Nice pics, i guess I look at it as long as you got it fixed? That is all that counts.

Yea I got it fixed it was just a pain to get it out of the bike. Well now I know how to take the farings off felt like they wanted to break when I was taking them off.

This is how I spent my afternoon....Well after talking to Cheech yesterday on a little problem with my trip odometer not working. I had to do some minor surgery to the bike this afternoon to fix the problem. Well lets say I have no plans on doing this again as it was a bitch to do. Also while I was at it I hid my cigarette power outlet under the tank cover and ran it along the frame to the triple tree.

All of this was to get the instrument cluster out so that I could fix the reset button that broke. Honda could of not made this any harder to get out.

Yeah, it's a bitch. Glad it worked out. You did superglue it back in place, right? It may seem like it's back in there good once you snap it in place, but it'll fall back out in the first 10 miles without some glue.

also thanks to cheech for the can-o-tuna i found on my bike...

I had help. :)

thanks to cheech I have to use an ointment daily .......

if you're putting it on daily you aren't rubbing liberally enough. Remember to do it slow... and sexy.

Sooo... What exactly was done to the gauge cluster assembly to fix it?

On the 03-04 clusters, right underneath the rubber boot there are 2 white plastic spacers that clip onto the ADJ and RESET buttons on the board. It's a noted issue that these spacers fall off over time/vibration/bad riding/pissing off the bike. The only way to get them in is to rip the front end fairings/headlights off, take the gauge cluster out from the bottom, then crack open the cluster and with a little glue cement those fuckers in place.

Yeah, it's a bitch. Glad it worked out. You did superglue it back in place, right? It may seem like it's back in there good once you snap it in place, but it'll fall back out in the first 10 miles without some glue.

I had help. :)

if you're putting it on daily you aren't rubbing liberally enough. Remember to do it slow... and sexy.

On the 03-04 clusters, right underneath the rubber boot there are 2 white plastic spacers that clip onto the ADJ and RESET buttons on the board. It's a noted issue that these spacers fall off over time/vibration/bad riding/pissing off the bike. The only way to get them in is to rip the front end fairings/headlights off, take the gauge cluster out from the bottom, then crack open the cluster and with a little glue cement those fuckers in place.

Do you normally carry tuna with you???

Apparently not, I did not use enough gotta do it over this Sunday should not take long seeing how I know what I'm doing now.... FML :nono:

Apparently not, I did not use enough gotta do it over this Sunday should not take long seeing how I know what I'm doing now.... FML :nono:

Heh, I chuckle because I've been there. I must have done this dance at least 4 times, the first 3 I thought that fo sho' I snapped it back in there, only to be disappointed in a few days.

If anything it's a good time to do some frame cleaning, air ducts, triple tree, stuff like that.

Heh, I chuckle because I've been there. I must have done this dance at least 4 times, the first 3 I thought that fo sho' I snapped it back in there, only to be disappointed in a few days.

If anything it's a good time to do some frame cleaning, air ducts, triple tree, stuff like that.

For got Sunday is a wash got my CCW class. Possibly today I can fix the damn thing and call it quits. I'm thinking like three hours later tonight after I get back from riding will be enough to get it done.