Here we go....

Jst2fst

...This Libyan thing, they asked for help -- and we obliged along with other countries. That's a completely different scenario.

Yes, we obliged without the approval or vote of congress... oops...

It's already falling apart due to differences among troops. Most of the Arab participants have decided not to participate. Britain, France, and USA can't agree. I guess this morning there were only 6 aircraft in a no fly zone around Benghazi. A mix of US, Danish, France, etc.

Hey, at least he's got the support of the UN in the matter. So far we've only dropped bombs. I'm sure that were not gonna have boots on the ground in this. Only time will tell....

Not too sure about that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure China and Russia are refusing to vote, meaning it's exactly the same as the Iraq invasion. The security council has to unanimously approve military action. If any country refuses to vote, the proposal is vetoed.

I do believe NATO approved it, but then again they approved Iraq too.

All I do know, is that if a similar situation ever arises here, I hope our government eats their words about violence against it's citizens.

nah, the two were separated during descent from high altitude, and both were picked up by Libyan rebel forces. One is recovered already. The other is known to be safe.

It says in the first paragraph that both are in American hands if I'm not mistaken.

" A U.S. fighter jet crashed in Libya after an apparent equipment malfunction but both crewmembers were able to eject and were back in American hands with only minor injuries, U.S. officials said Tuesday."

Not too sure about that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure China and Russia are refusing to vote, meaning it's exactly the same as the Iraq invasion. The security council has to unanimously approve military action. If any country refuses to vote, the proposal is vetoed.

I do believe NATO approved it, but then again they approved Iraq too.

I'm not too sure on the circumstances of the voting either. If China or Russia didn't vote not surprising.

It says in the first paragraph that both are in American hands if I'm not mistaken.

" A U.S. fighter jet crashed in Libya after an apparent equipment malfunction but both crewmembers were able to eject and were back in American hands with only minor injuries, U.S. officials said Tuesday."

Yes, they are already. A quick pick up on both. But separately.

They all voted at the UN, but 5 voted abstain. So it was 10 of the 15 voted yes.

Last time I checked, anyway. Darn news keeps changing things....

That's gonna happen till the Military releases a statement on what happened.