Scorpion Lid-Thoughts?

Dustinkz1000

I see flat black and what looks like barb wire. So I'd prob wear it. I have a scorpion. Can't remember if it's a 400 or 700. Great fit, better than any others I tried on, w my big ears. But someone else mentioned heavy any noisy. My neck does get sore after a while, and it's not nearly as quiet or cool "temp" as the sales rep led me to believe. Definitely with the money though

I'll sell mine for fifty. Who wants it. Two sets of cheek pads. Makes it large or extra large. Gloss black. Clear shield. It's whatever model maxpowers is. Great shape.

i have a 400 that i mainly use for jackass stunts now. as has been stated, visor sealing is hit or miss, and it is heavy.

my 1000 is still slightly a necksore, but not nearly as bad. motorcycle-superstore or motorcyclegear has 400s for dirt cheap. in not girly colors too...

Iron pony has a blue one with a starburst pattern for like $80. Color wouldn't be my first pick, but I really like my exo 700. I'm generally not too worried about appearance, but I'd pass on Rocky Horror Picture Show lid.

Pics? Or a link to what it looks like?[/quote

helmet.jpg?t=1301358497

Few bugs on it. Crappy pic. I think it's the 400. It's all there but I gotta tell you i'm not impressed with it. The vents are a joke. I can never tell a difference if the are on or off. I don;t have issues with wind around the visor like MaxP said but it's just uncomfortable and noisy.

Edited by Gump

I tried on a couple different Scorpion helmets, and none seemed to fit me very comfortably. My HJC fit's well, has a nice big chin skirt, quieter than the cheap Zox that I had before, Integrated Sunshield, etc... The top vents don't seem to do much, and the front only does a little, which is enough to help defog when the fogging is too much for the coating on the visor.

Anyway, make sure you go try one on somewhere if you're buying it online. You want to make sure it fits well.

Pics? Or a link to what it looks like?[/quote

Few bugs on it. Crappy pic. I think it's the 400. It's all there but I gotta tell you i'm not impressed with it. The vents are a joke. I can never tell a difference if the are on or off. I don;t have issues with wind around the visor like MaxP said but it's just uncomfortable and noisy.

Same here. Which I was really suprised, because again, the sales rep talked the vent system up big time. "You wont be able to even tell you have it on". but again, it fits better than any other helmet I tired on.

I've had two scorpion helmets, both exo 700s. First one worked great and crashed well. Second one is still in use but has issues. As stated, the shield doesn't want to stay secure when turning your head and will nearly fly off when it goes up. Wind noise is ok, but about what i would expect along with weight.

Decent helmet for those prices, but more helmets should be going on sale with spring and new lids coming out.

I tried on a few this past week and are still eyeballing the Shoei X-12.