painting my bike?

jessecwalters

from Gixxer.com:

scuff the rashed area with 500 grit sand paper. use some metal glaze filler and cover the entire rashed area. let dry over night. wetsand smooth wiht 400 grit paper. wipe clean. spray 3-4 coats of primer. let dry over night. spray light coat of guide coat over the primer area. wetsand with 400 grit paper untill all the black guide coat spray is gone. then spray your base (color), then clear. you must wait untill the paint flashes between base coats. then wait 20 mins before spraying clear. again, waiting untill each coat flashe before spraying the next coat. 3-4 coats of base (color) and 3-4 coats of clear.

i rattle can mine every couple years flat black for a couple of reasons first my superhawk isn't worth shit, second rattle can costs me $5 after i buy blue painters tape and third my bike isn't worth shit. i tape off, scuff with scotch brite shoot the paint, wait 20 min shoot again and then take the tape off. it doesn't last but a year or two but it looks ok and it costs me $5...i can paint it a lot of times for $5. if it was a nicer bike i'd most likely drop the coin to get a "nice" paint job but it'd still be flat black because i like it :-)