Review of BWR

Meanie

A few of us met at Buffalo Wings and Rings last night. They are starting their bike night the last Wednesday of April, from what they have heard QSL has changed their bike night from Wednesday nights to Thursday nights. BWR Bike night is going to be partially sponsored by Budweiser and they are looking into having different Bike groups sponsor different nights, which they are going to potentially offer between 50 and 100 free wings to the group of that week. They have good food at reasonable prices, plenty of seating and parking, a good selection of beer (not that anyone should be drinking and riding) and live bands. OR had bike night at this location 2 or 3 years ago and I think it was the biggest turn out of OR members on a weekly basis. There are a few of us that go to BWR on a nearly weekly basis for .99 tender Wednesdays, and with the nice weather hopefully approaching the only thing that will change is the way I get there. I hope a bunch of the OR peeps can make it out and maybe we can get an OR sponsored night.

A few of us met at Buffalo Wings and Rings last night. They are starting their bike night the last Wednesday of April, from what they have heard QSL has changed their bike night from Wednesday nights to Thursday nights. BWR Bike night is going to be partially sponsored by Budweiser and they are looking into having different Bike groups sponsor different nights, which they are going to potentially offer between 50 and 100 free wings to the group of that week. They have good food at reasonable prices, plenty of seating and parking, a good selection of beer (not that anyone should be drinking and riding) and live bands. OR had bike night at this location 2 or 3 years ago and I think it was the biggest turn out of OR members on a weekly basis. There are a few of us that go to BWR on a nearly weekly basis for .99 tender Wednesdays, and with the nice weather hopefully approaching the only thing that will change is the way I get there. I hope a bunch of the OR peeps can make it out and maybe we can get an OR sponsored night.

As I recall there was some drama llama'ing going on about BWR. Can't quite recall what it was now, but I know it was enough that the powers-that-be declared the OR night there dead.

As I recall there was some drama llama'ing going on about BWR. Can't quite recall what it was now, but I know it was enough that the powers-that-be declared the OR night there dead.

Yes there was, but it was one individual who had a friend that worked there. I'm not getting into that, that situation was between employee and employer and had nothing to do with OR.

Yes there was, but it was one individual who had a friend that worked there. I'm not getting into that, that situation was between employee and employer and had nothing to do with OR.

BWR was crowded and full of Harley dudes. Lodge bar (which has changed names) was a much better bike night and hopefully will be again with its new management. Honestly we need to skip the whole "bike Night" thing and have "drink night". That way we drive and carpool, and can have a few drinks. Alcohol is the cure for SVS (sandy vagina syndrome) which has been rampant on this site for a while.

Yeah, we had bike nights there for awhile then some stuff went down. It was cool when it was going well but won't be the same because we won't have the normal crowd. Last year a handful of us started going to Bike Night at Rule3 in Pickerington and actually continued the tradition through the winter and I expect that it will keep going once Bike Nights start there again.

BWR was crowded and full of Harley dudes. Lodge bar (which has changed names) was a much better bike night and hopefully will be again with its new management. Honestly we need to skip the whole "bike Night" thing and have "drink night". That way we drive and carpool, and can have a few drinks. Alcohol is the cure for SVS (sandy vagina syndrome) which has been rampant on this site for a while.

When the bike night at BWR started there were easily more sport bikes there than Harleys. Besides, this is OR "for motorcyclists in and around Ohio" not OR "we only roll on sport bikes. Bitches!!" I have quite a few friends that ride Harleys, that don't get hammered then try to ride. In fact, I'd say that the percentage of motorcyclist that drink and ride is probably pretty balanced among all manufacturers. (this is pure estimate on my part) I can do the drink night in the winter when its snowing, when it's nice, I'd rather be on the bike. Since I have a family I rarely go out to drink whether I'm car pooling or not.

BWR was one of the best. But it wasn't BWR that made it work, it was us. So if we ever grow up and show up, it will work out, no matter where we go.

Agreed, but we always had a pretty good OR showing there, so i figured the location was pretty good.

I am just happy that someone from this board had the integrity to call Oakley before Meanie actually used his discount and pass on a good deal to some of us, thank God there are still some decent people out there..

First it's using your personal discount, then it's hanging at a bike night with HARLEY riders! Then what!

I am just happy that someone from this board had the integrity to call Oakley before Meanie actually used his discount and pass on a good deal to some of us, thank God there are still some decent people out there..

First it's using your personal discount, then it's hanging at a bike night with HARLEY riders! Then what!

next it'll be taint rubs and sweaty ball sacks touching in the dark as we tag team some drunk hooker...:D

I talked to the GM at BWR, they are starting their bike night on 4/27/11 at 6pm. They have half off appetizers, and $1 off drafts until 7pm. Wednesday is 99 cent tenders anyway. They are having live bands from 7p to 10p. They are giving away 50 free wings to a group each week, as long as the group has 10 bikes/riders and you call and reserve that Wednesday. So if OR wanted to meet up there we could call and reserve that Wednesday and get 50 free wings. I will probably mix it up between QSL and BWR. I will be nice to have some change.

mseb13 sent me a text and he said QSLs website still says its on Wednesdays. So I dunno where BWR got their info or if QSLs site has not been updated.

different QSL's have their bike nights on different nights, so they probably looked at the wrong location