Ammo prices going up

Gump

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, business reports say everything going up, get ready for the shock.

It's the cost of the fuel and shipping. Raising prices has been avoided till now.

Now it's too late. Food and clothing prices is going to hurt everyone.

Yep.

I just stocked up with enough normal hunting ammo to last me twenty years.

If they handle increases like we do the affect to the consumer would be about a month out to retail.Depends how many get greedy prematurely. Sellers want to be the last guy on the block to jack prices and buy heavy before the increase then hold until the market changes and increase profits on the items bought before the increase even though they were bought pre-increase.

Have you seen how much a 1970's 80's box of normal Winchester, or any brand for that matter, shotgun shells goes for at action lately. Collectors pay $40 a box. I guess it's pretty rare.

This is what happens when you pump billions of dollars into the economy. Hyperinflation is going to suck. But hey, it'll fix the housing market.

At least we got all those junk cars off the roads and got people into cars they can't afford in the first place.

This is what happens when you pump billions of dollars into the economy. Hyperinflation is going to suck. But hey, it'll fix the housing market.

If the estimated 2.4% this year and 2.1% next year is hyperinflation, just what do you think the average is?

:nono:

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/

If the estimated 2.4% this year and 2.1% next year is hyperinflation, just what do you think the average is?

:nono:

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/

In other countries that have already experienced the influence of increasing fuel prices, the CPI jumped to the range of 3.0 to 5.5.

United Kingdom is estimating 4.0 for the coming year.

I would say that current US estimates are based on real numbers,

which won't show increases till increases actually happen.

Bear in mind that the CPI is typically about half the real actual cost of living.

Skid of what? I just got Esate 12 guage shells #6 shot for $4.49 a box or $44.99 a case. Would it beat that?

Well depends on what everyone wanted to get. If a dozen or so people wanted 9mm or 45acp or 308 or 416 rigby... Whatever guys might want to get alot of before the increase. Doesnt matter to me, there is almost no mark up on ammo anyways, I dont mind passing a deal on.

In other countries that have already experienced the influence of increasing fuel prices, the CPI jumped to the range of 3.0 to 5.5.

United Kingdom is estimating 4.0 for the coming year.

I would say that current US estimates are based on real numbers,

which won't show increases till increases actually happen.

Bear in mind that the CPI is typically about half the real actual cost of living.

They are already 4.4 in the UK. They were 4 last month. In December their rate was 3.7. Their average for 2010 was 3.5...

Moar fear :nono:

Well depends on what everyone wanted to get. If a dozen or so people wanted 9mm or 45acp or 308 or 416 rigby... Whatever guys might want to get alot of before the increase. Doesnt matter to me, there is almost no mark up on ammo anyways, I dont mind passing a deal on.

Lets do 45-

How many rounds can you get?

And what kind of prices are we looking at?