how to adjust vales

Carwhore

You stick that thing in there and see if it fits?

It's a valve, have no idea how to get to them on your model but you check them hot or cold whatever the manual says and piston at top dead center. Feeler gauges ring a bell? I don't know what you Do or don't know.

You stick that thing in there and see if it fits?

It's a valve, have no idea how to get to them on your model but you check them hot or cold whatever the manual says and piston at top dead center. Feeler gauges ring a bell? I don't know what you Do or don't know.

what do you stick between what:wtf::nono::D?.

But seriously idk where to check it at. Between the cam and rocker arm?

read the link i sent you - its a step by step detailed write up of how to do valves on a husky 610.... and ive never seen one that you adjust between cam and arm, but i have only messed with a couple, so who knows

this is how ive always seen it done...

DenLors_Honda_Valve_Adjustment_Article.jpg

locking nut on arm, undo it, adjust arm down to spec, tighten locking nut, double check measurement

and according to the link i posted, this is the proper way to do it on a husky 610

Edited by Steve Butters

just checked the link...i have .002 and .003, and theyre the curved ones like in the pic made for valves....the thing only cost me like $2, youre welcome to have it if you want it, i got my moneys worth out of it already

yeah if i could swing by and pick them up that would be great. Blacklick is just down the road and id have to drive that far anyways probably lol

if you can wait until friday i can drop it off at your place, i drive down 40 to tollgate and cut up palmer on the other side of 70 to go to my girls house, its only 2minutes outta the way to swing by your place

if you need them before then, hit me up and you can come by any time

if you can wait until friday i can drop it off at your place, i drive down 40 to tollgate and cut up palmer on the other side of 70 to go to my girls house, its only 2minutes outta the way to swing by your place

if you need them before then, hit me up and you can come by any time

really would like to get them tonight. Pm me your number and I'll call you when I leave work (7:00)

O'Reillys auto has the feeler gauges you need.

How many miles? Chances are youll most def need to adjust if its not near brand new (then you would have no reason to check). That involves pulling the cams and buying new shims then redoing the timing and such. Its pretty simple I just redid the clearances on my zx10. You can order shims individually or in small kits depending on what you need. You should definitely use a service manual if youve never done this work before though :)

(speaking for info on sport bike but same ideas)

After reading that link it looks like you have the easier way out by just being able to adjust them. Same ideas though. Gauges between, measure and correct. Looks like no cam stuff in play with that bike

Edited by JudgeDredd