Personal Plate

modular

So, I was thinking about getting a vanity plate (I know, they are called "vanity" plates for a reason, but I am awful pretty:rolleyes:) the XR....NT4IN since NOT4N is taken. Does my choice make sense and understandable? I'd hate to spend the $50 for a plate no one understands.

.....flame suit on

Doesn't make much sense since even a HD is foreign, but you HD guys will never understand, accept or admit that. They're assembled in USA but thats about it. The majority of the bike is from Mexico and Canada and then a smaller portion from over seas and then yet an even smaller portion from the US. HD is no more a product of the USA than a Honda Goldwing. But go ahead with that plate to make the rest of us chuckle ;)

• Upvote 2

When I asked at the BOMV they said a personalized plate was more like $100 plus....and as far as foreign made....we have allowed manufacturing to leave our country since the Nafta agreement was signed, so finding anything 100% american made is near impossible.

After all the fee's and such the total comes to $63 and some change using my existing current registration. That is probably where your total came from. They were factoring in the registration as well I believe.

Now, as far as "us Harley guys" are concerned I am very well aware of our global economy and how many parts for the bike have an out-of-country origin but they still remain a U.S. held company with good 'ol 'merican folks slapping them together. I mean really, this is just a silly little plate we are talking about here:D.

i wonder if BRUM or BRUMB is taken.

I have a personal policy against giving the state any more money than they already take. But if you've got it, who am I to tell you how to spend it.

After what I paid for registration in Cali. Ohio is a cake walk...but I do agree, it is quite a price to pay for what it is. I am still rolling it around in my head.

Considering your buying habits, how about "BYK ADD". Not foreign wouldn't make much sense on a Beemer.

Touche, good sir;).

I have, for now, decided to keep the XR for at least this season.

if i saw the NT4IN plate i would not know what it means at all. the NOT4N plate i understood immediately. i'm not the smartest hook in the tackle box but think i represent the greater portion of the public, not like all you smarty pants on OR.

:plus1:

Doesn't make much sense since even a HD is foreign, but you HD guys will never understand, accept or admit that. They're assembled in USA but thats about it. The majority of the bike is from Mexico and Canada and then a smaller portion from over seas and then yet an even smaller portion from the US. HD is no more a product of the USA than a Honda Goldwing. But go ahead with that plate to make the rest of us chuckle ;)

Don't forget the fuhrer's Harley Porche ;)

So, I was thinking about getting a vanity plate (I know, they are called "vanity" plates for a reason, but I am awful pretty:rolleyes:) the XR....NT4IN since NOT4N is taken. Does my choice make sense and understandable? I'd hate to spend the $50 for a plate no one understands.

.....flame suit on

I agree with others about the NT4IN, but the NT4N or NT4EN makes sense. I was thinking maybe if you were Asian, it would mean Not Technically 4 Inches. Through some kind of obscure technicality you're exceeding 4 inches?

I agree with others about the NT4IN, but the NT4N or NT4EN makes sense. I was thinking maybe if you were Asian, it would mean Not Technically 4 Inches. Through some kind of obscure technicality you're exceeding 4 inches?

be careful, you might awaken the jizzbot