Diff between ZZR600 and ZX6R? Noob...

Wicked

Oh, I'm still looking around. I'm not stuck on just these two bikes. If I can find an R6/636 local I'll jump on it. As for the pricing on these two, 636 = $2500 and ZZR = $1400

Have not seen either in person tho

I would not wait for your friend or any seller. Dont deal with dead beats and be cautious when dealing with custom paint jobs.

This is what has me looking. I know he's dropped the 636, which is why he's getting the new plastics/paint. Already did the insurance check and the 636 is a good bit cheaper than I was expecting lol. So insurance shouldn't be a hassle

Oh, I'm still looking around. I'm not stuck on just these two bikes. If I can find an R6/636 local I'll jump on it. As for the pricing on these two, 636 = $2500 and ZZR = $1400

Have not seen either in person tho

wtf is wrong with them if they are priced like so?

I know deals are to be had but those just dont seem right

The 636 has to be a beat to shit stunt bike or former stunt bike. I would check the VIN numbers and make sure its legit. These prices dont seem right for this time of year... I'd be very careful...

The ZZR is a 2000-2002 ZX6R. I have looked over the ZZR and it is 95% identical to my 01 I had. The ZZR isn't going to be any better for long rides than the 636. The big difference between the two is the 636 will have less weight and about 15 more hp. I would be up for either one, I loved my 01 it was a fun bike.

Yeah it kinda depends on what you want...the ZZR like others said is more sport touring. Bikes with carbs aren't all bad, my old 250 Ninja was carbed and as long as you stay up with routine maintenance they are pretty much trouble free. IMO, I honestly think the ZZR would be a more rider friendly first bike. There are several people on the forum that ride them, I would just PM one of them and ask their opinions on their bike. Either way, it's a Kawi so you can't go wrong lmao.

The ZZR is a 2000-2002 ZX6R. I have looked over the ZZR and it is 95% identical to my 01 I had. The ZZR isn't going to be any better for long rides than the 636. The big difference between the two is the 636 will have less weight and about 15 more hp. I would be up for either one, I loved my 01 it was a fun bike.

Dont the clip ons (zzr) sit above the triple similar to the F4I?

Yeah, which is why I want to see them in person. Not ready to pull the trigger on anything at the moment

This is what has me looking. I know he's dropped the 636, which is why he's getting the new plastics/paint. Already did the insurance check and the 636 is a good bit cheaper than I was expecting lol. So insurance shouldn't be a hassle

Usually a light drop doesn't require new plastics and paint btw...sounds like it went down with some force like a lowside. I would be careful with this bike...just because it has a clean title doesn't mean it is a clean bike. You could total a bike, not turn it in to insurance and fix it yourself and still have a clean title on a basically salvage bike.

yea id continue the search, like i said i've seen plenty of good deals on 636's in the last year. Hell I picked my 05 up for 3600 with 2000 miles on it last spring and it was mint other than a cracked tail

That's what I thought too. I thought the ZZR was more like an F4i where the 636 would be more like the 600RR.

I rode my buddies 05 a few years back and am next to positive the clip ons were above. Night and day difference when riding for long periods of time, imo.

I rode my buddies 05 a few years back and am next to positive the clip ons were above. Night and day difference when riding for long periods of time, imo.

They are mounted below but it has a riser on it that puts the bar above the triple. It is identical to the old ZX though.

Other than scouring the classifieds, where are good places to look? I'm not keen on craigslist

For sale section on Ohio riders! I bought half of the 15 bikes I've had off Craigslist. You just have to be smart about whatever or wherever your buying. You can be scamed or buy a piece of shit from anyone including the dealer. Use your resources and take someone with you that knows bikes when your looking.

Here is the response I got on the ZZR:

The motorcycle has only 25.000 miles . It's in perfect condition , no damage, no engine problems, garage kept and has a clear title.

I'm selling this motor because my son of 21 years old died 6 months ago, he was hit by a drunk driver that went thru a red light. Now this Kawasaki brings me bad memories and I really can't keep it anymore...hope you understand my pain in this moments.If you are really interested in buying the motorcycle please do take care of it as we and my son did because it's a beautiful one and it would be ashamed not to...The last price is $1400, the funds received after this sale will be donated to charity.

Me and my husband travel a lot with our personal business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program.I just need your full name,full shipping address, home/cell # so I can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).

For fiew pictures here is a link to the motorcycle

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/melissazr6/

God bless