Diff between ZZR600 and ZX6R? Noob...

Wicked

the zzr is the EXACT same bike as the 200-2002 Zx-6 minus the fairing stay... its the zx6j same parts everything actually the fairings as all interchangable from the zx9r aswell

I think you're 99% correct here, but the old gen ZX-6 (versus the those badged as teh ZZR) got firmer springs, I think.

I looked into these quite a bit before buying my F2 a few years ago.

If the price is right on the ZZR, and you can tolerate carbs (for a first bike, you'll never know the difference, and you can work on them yourself...) I wouldn't write it off.

A couple of people have recommended an R6, and I have to say that's got to be the least comfortable street bike ever made. Everything that makes it awesome on a race track makes it a pain in the ass (and wrists) on the street.

Be realistic with yourself about where 95% of your riding is going to take place. The answer is probably "highway." Now come buy my take-offs, please.

Appreciate the insight from the members and constructive criticism. Was off work today, and drove around from place to place checking out a few more bikes. No settling. Found my R6 and for a good deal, IMO. Not home yet, but pics later.

congrats on the r6, but for the record (its late i know) you can not compare a katana and a zzr. kawi is 100 lbs lighter and handles way better. it has clip ons that are on top of the triple tree and its about 95-100 hp. best part searches are done under the 02 zx6r. Only two issues for me is no gas light or warning and carbs. Its been a great bike for the last 15k on the dial. :-) Dont really think its a great starter bike cause it will do 160, but the katana was.....it was my first bike