Diff between ZZR600 and ZX6R? Noob...

Wicked

I have been planning to get my friends '06 ZX6R/636 in a few weeks but I came across a 2007 ZZR600 locally. Saves me the trip to Nashville. This will be the first bike I own. I know the 636 is FI and the ZZR is carb'd. Anything else major I should choose one over the other? Both have clean title.

List of differences I know:

The 636 is in Nashville and I'd have to truck it back up here. The ZZR is local.

ZZR is $1100 less than the 636 which is nice too. Also less miles. 4k vs 10k (not a huge deal)

The 636 is custom pearl white, kawi green frame, other mods.

Biggest issue with the 636 is that my friend has been hard to get a hold of lately and I don't want to sit around waiting on him for weeks. If there was better communication I'd not hesitate to go to Nashville

get the 636...you'll thank us later. I had one and pretty much loved it. Other than the carbs, the ZZR is just the previous gen of ZX6R tech. Carbs are a pain in the ass so I stay far far away from them

Yeah, I figured it's Katana/GS category. I want the 636, but the distance and pricing is tempting to go with the ZZR for this year. It's still a great looking bike IMO.

Nashville isnt that far really. If you are getting a deal on the bike AND you get to hang out with friends then why not? I love nashville and going to buy a bike and spending a weekend there would be a fantastic little retreat if you ask me

More of an acquaintance. Hadn't heard from him in almost a year, contacted me after seeing I was looking for a bike about a month ago. Talked my ear off about it for a couple days then flaked. No response in a couple weeks. Going to Nashville for a couple days would be nice tho, just don't feel confident in him like I did when he first brought the offer up

Is it worth it to hold out another month before making a decision to look elsewhere?

if its not a "deal you cant pass up" then I'd say yes hold out. 05-06 636's in great condition can be found in the $4k range. Hell I found an 08 ZX6R for 5k here locally

I've looked at the paper differences, as far as these two specific bikes in question, I'm trying to see which way I want to go. Local and save $1100 or hope this guy I know pulls thru and doesn't leave me still searching for a bike

sounds kinda like you already have your mind made up....were all telling you to not get the zzr but you keep finding reasons why you like it better

why does it have to be one of these two bikes? if you dont want to drive nashville - just keep looking for a 636 or r6 locally, you dont have to buy the zzr if you dont buy the 636

differances are

636-636ccFI / ZZR-599cc Carbed

636- Inverted forks, better rear suspention

636- Seupersport / ZZR-Sport touring

636- wet weight less than the ZZR

the obvious body differances... any other questions? ive had both

IMHO- 636 > ZZR

I agree with everything except the last line. I like the 636 but its not great for long rides. The clip ons and riding position suck for bigger guys and/or long rides. Also something to keep in mind. If its been custom painted then treat it as though its been wrecked (or any other bike for that matters). Check the insurance on the two. The zzr being a sport tour should be cheaper. The zzr will be better for street riding/long rides and the 636 will be a better track or stunt riding. The 636 will probably easier to sell when your ready to upgrade. I would not wait for your friend or any seller. Dont deal with dead beats and be cautious when dealing with custom paint jobs.

• Upvote 1