48÷2(9+3)=?

Casper

48÷2(9+3)=?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. 48÷2(9+3)=?

mmmk, is it just me or are all of the computer people sticking to 288 and all the mechanical, aero, people with math background sticking to 2? And quwip, your math classes that you took for comp sci don't count... you should stop saying you're 2 classes away from having a double major, because you're devaluing my minor (math) which took me an extra 5 classes to get. The math college doesn't let you count classes as double, so you actually need like 10 or 11 extra classes to double major :p
:lol: ok

I asked all the mechEs, physicists, and Chemists in my lab and they all say 2.

Did you explain to them why the answer is 288 and that by following the very simple order of operations the answer is clearly 288?

The order of operations is non-negotiable. There is no other way of simplifying it. :D

Did you explain to them why the answer is 288 and that by following the very simple order of operations the answer is clearly 288?

The order of operations is non-negotiable. There is no other way of simplifying it. :D

Does negative repping Casper get you banned? :lol:

You're right as long as you recognize math extends beyond the 8th grade and those rules are guidelines amongst a more complex system making the answer 2.

You're right as long as you recognize math extends beyond the 8th grade and those rules are guidelines amongst a more complex system making the answer 2.

A more complex system still follows the basic principals of mathematics. Nothing makes the answer 2. True story. This isn't even 8th grade math. This is more like 4th grade.

I'm not flying on any of your spaceships.

You're a dangerous MF.

*puts tin foil hat back on*

A more complex system still follows the basic principals of mathematics. Nothing makes the answer 2. True story. This isn't even 8th grade math. This is more like 4th grade.

Except you're wrong. :D Well it is more like 4th grade math, but the answer is 2, ignoring the fact it isn't well written to begin with of course.

Except you're wrong. :D Well it is more like 4th grade math, but the answer is 2, ignoring the fact it isn't well written to begin with of course.

You can't rewrite the problem to get the answer you want. As it's written (poorly or not) the answer is clearly 288. :D

You can't rewrite the problem to get the answer you want. As it's written (poorly or not) the answer is clearly 288. :D

You just keep clinging to those simple rules created as a guide for school children and basic math. Things get harder when you grow up and have to do grown up math. :D

You just keep clinging to those simple rules created as a guide for school children and basic math. Things get harder when you grow up and have to do grown up math. :D

Grown up math builds upon the basic building blocks of mathematics. I know nothing about grown up math....

:lol:

You don't play fair. You were that kid that always fought over being first at bat in wiffle ball huh? :lol:

No, but I was the kid who if you fucked with me I would've hit you with the whiffle ball bat, repeatedly. :D