1989 GSXR 750: Thoughts?

NightRider

since you were dogging on bad324, i just wanted to point out that whatever bike you decide on:

please actually check the tire pressures when everyone says, "hey those tires look REAAALLY low, please check it, here is my tire pressure gage", instead of saying "yeah, I checked it, it's fine" and then do a superman cause your front and back pressures were at 15psi.

since you were dogging on bad324, i just wanted to point out that whatever bike you decide on:

please actually check the tire pressures when everyone says, "hey those tires look REAAALLY low, please check it, here is my tire pressure gage", instead of saying "yeah, I checked it, it's fine" and then do a superman cause your front and back pressures were at 15psi.

Thanks asshole! :nono:

No...totally warranted and valid. I've said it a few times on here, i definitely learned my lesson. I just actually broke my digital tire gauge, the other day. Need to buy another one.

I owned the YZF for a while...i was a responsible puppy and checked the pressure often. If it's any consolation. And...it never fought the ground! Ever!

^ please tell the rest of this story lol

Pretty simple. Mentioned part of it to you a while back.

1st sportbike. 1st hocking hills ride. 98? Ninja 600. Got up early, washed it...scrubbed it. Still horribly filthy. Running out of time, run in the house. Shower. Take off. As Jinu said. Tires are Extremely under inflated. Someone says "hey those tires look like shit newb" I'm like wut? I "think" i checked. Not 100% sure, if i did...i somehow read the gauge wrong...or just didn't feel like having everyone wait for me to air them up. Yeah...dumbass move. No excuse for it. Wrecking and people calling you out...definitely changes your perspective on alot.

I was ALL over the place with the bike. To make matters worse, my gear sucked. I've taken care of that problem as well.

I don't give a shit now. I've learned my lesson. If the tires need aired up...and you can't wait, then leave. I'll catch up or ride some where else.

Looking at a trade. For 89 gsxr 750. Anyone have any experience, or thoughts on them?

112 hp, 57 lbs of torque. 502 or so pounds wet. An 89...would it feel like trying to hump a turtle...or bad324 through turns? :D

Check if it's actually model year '89 or sale date '89.

If '89 is the sale date, then it might actually be a model year '90, in which case it would be the GSXR750L - my first sportbike. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone. Old yeah, but nice handling bike. Like another poster said, the 90 models onwards had slingshots and were said to be a great improvement (I had nothing to compare them with though). Also pretty rare at the time - it had upside down forks - that would be an easy visual cue to see what model it is.

If it's in good shape it would be a nice bike to have.