GSXR1000 is done and together...

Moto-Brian

I got my Jet Black plastics done from Paul and got everything put back together. The paint is AWESOME as usual and the look is stealthy in my opinion... Little less flashy than I usually do, but I like the lines of the newest geny GSXR1000 and think Jet Black highlights the angles and curves.

Side:

gsxr1000side.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Front number plate:

gsxr10m.jpg

Belly pan:

gsxrpan2.jpg

Tribute to a family friend that passed:

gsxrquay.jpg

And also had Paul paint the wheels Jet Black to match the bike:

gsxrpan1.jpg

Some specs for anyone interested:

09 GSXR 1000:

-35 Motorsports SS built motor

-Ohlins 30 mm front inserts with cap extenders

-Ohlins TTX rear

-Galfer Superbike rotors

-Yosh EM Pro system with quick shift

-Bazaaz Traction control

-Graves full Ti shorty system

-Vortex clip-ons and rearsets and gearing

Pretty much it. Haven't had any real seat time on it other than a VERY cold end of year at Mid-Ohio. Seems very similar to the last one I had, but not really more powerful, but smoother and handles a bit better. Overall, I need to get some time to sort suspension and setup. Hope to get some before I have to race it. But, it is so close, I think it will be good out of the box...

Edited by Desmo-Brian

I am confused? If you ride for KTM why do you have a Gixxer? (with a ktm decal)?

I will freely admit I missed the bus somewhere?

I will be running both bikes, but I work for KTM so, the shout out is there... Somewhat silly, but thought it was funny...

I run the RC8R RS in HWT and maybe a few A Superbike events where they pay. The GSXR will be run in 40 plus and A Superstock or A Superbike when Suzuki money pays...

I bought the GSXR because at the time, I could only have a stock RC8R and stock vs this thing is no match...

Edited by Desmo-Brian

Bike looks good Brian, would be interested to see what you think about the suspension after coming from your last setup

From the minimal seat time, the front felt somewhat vague vs the Traxxion stuff. The rear was hard to tell with the cold weather and trying the TC for the first time vs the preset maps I am used to.

I think the handling was really good, though. It moved a bit quicker and seemed more planted than the previous generation. But, true test was supposed to be the weekend of May 15th, but doubt I can make it due to a meeting in CA...

From the minimal seat time, the front felt somewhat vague vs the Traxxion stuff. The rear was hard to tell with the cold weather and trying the TC for the first time vs the preset maps I am used to.

I think the handling was really good, though. It moved a bit quicker and seemed more planted than the previous generation. But, true test was supposed to be the weekend of May 15th, but doubt I can make it due to a meeting in CA...

Ahh okay, well let me know your thoughts once you shake it down.

Which org do you usually race with, Brian?

WERA.

I may - MAY do some FT stuff to dial in for Nelson rounds with WERA, but not sure. I am really bummed because the first round I am in Austria and the second round is in Grattan and paying both bikes in contingency and I will be in CA!!!

Not to mention the points loss...

Oh, well... Too old anyways so, I will just hit what I can and have fun.

... I am really bummed because the first round I am in Austria and the second round is in Grattan and paying both bikes in contingency and I will be in CA!!!

Not to mention the points loss...

Oh, well... Too old anyways so, I will just hit what I can and have fun.

You don't look well - you might <cough> be getting sick <cough>. ;)

"Course, if the employer sees you garnered points that weekend... :nono:

You don't look well - you might <cough> be getting sick <cough>. ;)

"Course, if the employer sees you garnered points that weekend... :nono:

Trust me, that Grattan weekend has some serious money to be possibly made. I am looking at taking the red eye and traveling up to MI SAturday to race Sunday. But, it is a local racer track and the locals will be in force... Having that one day less practice sucks...

I was. KTM and Suzuki money was being offered there. Otherwise, I wouldn't try so hard to be there...

it's a "WERA National," isn't it?

Those always draw pretty big names. I rode at one of the Friday practices before a BeaveRun "National" and got smoked by Robert Jensen. He was riding in "I" or I might have felt bad for being in his way.