enginerds explain how this is possible.

kawi kid

the first comment on that forum summed it up pretty well for me. All the weight of the taurus is in the engine.

Assume that they emptied the trunk of the spare and drained the gas tank, and it seems possible.

I'm more impressed with the fact that the come-along in the last pic isn't just ripping that hole in the truck bed wide open.

Chevy trucks: like a rock.

^that, and I suspect it's a (pretty good) photoshop job.

**edit - the more I look at it, the more i think ti's photo shopped. right-click on the image and choose "view." It opens in a larger window. Then look at the left-side tires on the taurus. The area directly behind the tires (on the truck) is a slightly different shade of maroon.

Edited by redkow97

^that, and I suspect it's a (pretty good) photoshop job.

**edit - the more I look at it, the more i think ti's photo shopped. right-click on the image and choose "view." It opens in a larger window. Then look at the left-side tires on the taurus. The area directly behind the tires (on the truck) is a slightly different shade of maroon.

N8SGl.jpg

Long answer:

Most of the weight of the engine and transmission is over, or in front of the truck's rear axle, which puts enough of the weight of the Taurass on the front of the truck offsetting the weight of the part of the Taurass that's hanging over the the back of the truck. I bet the front wheels of the truck were light on the pavement though!

Short answer:

The truck has a 454 or diesel engine, either is VERY heavy!