so... i bought a powder coating setup

Hoblick

and went to town on the street glide..

pulled the forks off, disassembled, coated, and reassembled

did the headlight ring, rear subframe covers, license plate bracket.. and now i want to do more lol.. powder coating rocks! my 2nd favorite investment... tire changer is the first :D

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Hey i had my pegs coated last year a red color and not real happy... Would u be able to coat them black if they are already powder coated??

sure can.. just a little more time with scuffing them up

Your wife lets you use your kitchen oven or do you use a different one? I would like to get some parts on my triple done and have looked at the kits before but the wife said I was not allowed to baked motorcycle parts in her oven!!

after you use an oven for curing powder you really don't want to cook food in it..

Atleast if you respect your health.

Hob,

are you grounding your parts to a earth ground or just the little clip ground from the coaters box?

Edited by Big3

ill probably just build an oven.. to buy one for powder coating is insane pricing..

ill build one big enough to put a frame in i think

+1 I'm thinking about getting the frame on the ducati done this winter..just saying

How are you prepping the parts to be powder coated? Are you bead blasting the parts?