Missing bolt '04 R6

Siebec

I am missing what looks to be like a rear engine mount bolt on my '04 R6. I can't tell exactly what kind of bolt I need. It's located diagonal from the oil dipstick downward. I wanted to make sure I am getting the correct type of bolt from the dealership before I spend money on it because I seems expensive.

There is a shaft in the middle through the engine and frame the end is threaded and the inside part of the frame is also threaded. I am looking for what ever threads into the frame and on the end of the shaft at the same time.

I don't currently have a camera but I may be able to get one if a pic is needed to better explain.

Yeah that's the shaft I am talking about I just need to know what part goes on the end of it. It seems like it would be a hollow bolt that is threaded on the inside and the outside due to the fact that the frame is also threaded where the shaft comes through.

Yeah ReconRat that makes sense now, I did not realize the adjust bolt came in through the back. It looks like there is just a nut on the out side. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, it takes up the slack between the engine and the frame, I think.

Your pic makes it look like it was maybe installed from the outside instead of the inside...

I think the engine has to move to get the part in?

edit: note that there is another one like it up above it. There is a plug cap over it.

Edited by ReconRat

I'm not a Yamaha guy, but it looks like you just need the self-locking nut on the outside, which is #4 in the service manual figure and #29 on the Pony parts fiche.

If it is actually missing, you may also need the "engine adjust bolt," #8 in the manual and #30 on the PPF. From the pics it looks like it may be in there though, and just doesn't thread all the way through the frame. If this is missing it didn't just fall out, someone forgot to put it back when the engine was removed.

Now that I re-read that sounds like what you ordered. If the bolt doesn't wiggle up and down put yer nut on and torque to 33 ft-lbs.

I can't see it in there in the pics, but it would have the two little notches like the adjuster on a swingarm.

I would think it would vibrate a bit without it. And vibrate a lot if the one above it was missing or backwards also.

edit: I used to loosen and re-torque engine bolts and exhaust bolts to reduce vibration. It helps a lot sometimes.

Doing the same for the front forks can improve the way the bike handles sometimes too.

But only if it's torqued correctly and in the pattern indicated in the service manual.

Edited by ReconRat

Hmm.. my pic doesn't help much.

Anyway' date=' why would those spacers be missing? Someone had the engine removed?[/quote']

yeah, pretty much. There's no other way to get it out of there.

I'm thinking it was put on from the outside, and just vibrated off with the nut.

I looks like the adjustment bolt is still there thankfully. There is quite a bit of vibration around 4k rpm however. I was hoping replacing that bolt would take care if it, but it does seem like a good time to check all the nuts to make sure they are still tight. Thank you everyone for the help, this is an awesome site!