Droid data???

jschaf

Switching from a dumb phone to a smart phone. I am offered plans including 200 MB, 2 GB, 4 GB data. WAG tells me to get the 2 GB plan. I guess my question is: Has anyone ever been seriously dinged from getting a 2 GB plan & going over? It's just my wife & myself on the plan. Thanks in advance.

I used almost 10 gigs last month, but then i like to wi-fi tether my droid to my laptop so i'm not using the company network for my personal web browsing on lunch and break.

i also use the wi-fi tether on the run, travelling, road trips, etc...

I used almost 10 gigs last month, but then i like to wi-fi tether my droid to my laptop so i'm not using the company network for my personal web browsing on lunch and break.

i also use the wi-fi tether on the run, travelling, road trips, etc...

I sometimes tether my phone to my laptop but I find I can do most anything on my HTC lightening bolt. I used to have a droid.

I sometimes tether my phone to my laptop but I find I can do most anything on my HTC lightening bolt. I used to have a droid.

droid 1, official VZW release states that droid 1 doesn't have the hardware capability to wi-fi tether... I partially just like to do it to make them looks like twats, but the laptop makes most websites easier to navigate as well, in addition to the larger screen for video and whatnot...

droid 1, official VZW release states that droid 1 doesn't have the hardware capability to wi-fi tether... I partially just like to do it to make them looks like twats, but the laptop makes most websites easier to navigate as well, in addition to the larger screen for video and whatnot...

My phone may or may not have been rooted to allow wifi tether.

Go unlimited. You have no idea how much you will use it until you have it. I barely get on my computer anymore.

Verizon and all of their infinite wisdom did away with unlimited plans. Unless you already have it. The options he listed are the only ones available now for new plans.

I rarely use 2GB of data. I've had my droid since the release. It was probably higher when I 1st got it.

Verizon and all of their infinite wisdom did away with unlimited plans. Unless you already have it. The options he listed are the only ones available now for new plans.

I rarely use 2GB of data. I've had my droid since the release. It was probably higher when I 1st got it.

Sure you're not talking att or vzw tablet? I'm pretty sure smartphones still have unlimited for $30.

Again, excluding ipad or samsung galaxy tab.

Sure you're not talking att or vzw tablet? I'm pretty sure smartphones still have unlimited for $30.

Again, excluding ipad or samsung galaxy tab.

Sorry, upon further reading they are doing away with unlimited, and going to a tier structure. Article's I've read said mid summer. Pretty shitty may weather for mid-summer. So maybe they have cut it out, and maybe they haven't.

Yay for cell phones companies gouging the customers some more.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20037878-233.html

This was March 1st.

Edited by Cdubyah