Fun little video at Mid-Ohio

c7fx

If i had to guess about 1:39-1:40. But watching the video and timing it would be easy, if I wasnt on my phone... but did it anyways. They roughly ran:

Lap 1=1:41

Lap2=1:41

Lap3=1:40

Good time and wish I could have joined you guys this week. Ah well, maybe on the 19th if the weather is nice.

Edited by SJC1000rr

Those were the times I was running last time I was up there.. Of course Im really rusty now from not being up there last year and probably running closer to 1:45+ ish. Looks like a fun few laps and there was definitely no love being shown. Guy with long hair was doing pretty good staying in it not on the race line when you were trying to get around him.

I'd LOVE to try and follow those fella's around the track just to get the formula down better.......definitely looked like a blast!! I got to get back in better shape this year so I can at least put in some "ok" laps eventually;)

if you go there and sign up in any group, just grab one of the yellow vested madmen and they will follow you and//or tow you around. or, if you do instructional/novice midohio PTR has structured classes that are very good.

this holds true for just about any track day org, including STT, NESBA (their novice isn't quite as... "structured"), motoseries and others.

highly considering going to the 19th twilight - but i'm waiting to sign up as every single time i've signed up early it ends up raining.

i'll be packing up and going after class on thursday, i figure it'd be a nice way to relieve the stress of exams :)

You were looking a lot better out there when I was out there with you on Monday. You are getting the lines figured out and looking good, Jeff!

Thanks Brian, I know what I need to do but my brain isn't letting me do it just yet. Otherwise the red bike is finally running strong!!!

I'm still bummed about Steve he would have been in this group for sure.

I'd LOVE to try and follow those fella's around the track just to get the formula down better.......definitely looked like a blast!! I got to get back in better shape this year so I can at least put in some "ok" laps eventually;)

just walk up to anyone in a yellow shirt and ask for help.

We truly lucked out both days at Mid-Ohio. The weatherman said rain and Tuesday we got about 10-15 minutes of sprinkles followed with clear skies and warm weather. It goes to show you how crazy the weather can be at Mid-Ohio.

Thanks Brian, I know what I need to do but my brain isn't letting me do it just yet. Otherwise the red bike is finally running strong!!!

I'm still bummed about Steve he would have been in this group for sure.

Yup, talked to Steve and at least he is in great shape and the bike isn't so bad. I am also sure he is going to learn from it a bit also.

As for what you need to do and brain thingy, I know we had a rocky start, but if you EVER need to talk about anything, let me know. I don't have the answers all the time and quite honestly, it is a constant learning experience and I enjoy trouble shooting, if you will. It not only can be a time to allow both parties to learn - I always try and learn something at the track every time I ride - but is also a time to evaluate for future reference.

I was struggling with the RC8 Monday. Couldn't get the front even remotely close to where I want it and the Zook was the first time out since that COLD last day at Mid-O last year. I was struggling and feeling pretty frustrated.

I'd enjoy going over the track and such if you guys ever wanted to. I think we can all learn for sure. And, next time, I won't have to break in the RC8 and I can roll a bit better... If the front allows!!:)

Anyways, keep at it. You'll find the touch to the track. There's so many places to gain lower times.

Nate usually the deadline is being sold out or when the green flag flies...

Brian I hear you I had problems with the front also with strong chatter when pushed hard into corners like one and the left before the keyhole. I'm not sure if the front and rear are in synch causing the chatter or if its the tire...Plus I really need to work on my braking. Going into turn six I really could have stayed on the gas a little longer. At least thats what I would be thinking every lap after I would hit the apex.

Nate usually the deadline is being sold out or when the green flag flies...

Brian I hear you I had problems with the front also with strong chatter when pushed hard into corners like one and the left before the keyhole. I'm not sure if the front and rear are in synch causing the chatter or if its the tire...Plus I really need to work on my braking. Going into turn six I really could have stayed on the gas a little longer. At least thats what I would be thinking every lap after I would hit the apex.

The Zook was not chattering at all. BUT, the RC8 felt like a jack hammer in one, in the lefts before the keyhole, turn 10 into Thunder, left before the carousel and the carousel turn... I was a bit frustrated as I dialed a ton out and in and came to a better feel, but when I rode it, I was having issue with pre-load.

I essentially gave up and came home, added some fork fluid and am going to ride it with a band-aide until I get the cartridges put in...

But, you were looking good and if I can help at anything with 6, let me know. I love that turn...

chris and/or brian - what turns are you guys braking hard on vs just a slight trail brake? someone once told me, i think it was you brian, that there are really only three hard braking areas on this track, end of the backstraight being one of them...

chris and/or brian - what turns are you guys braking hard on vs just a slight trail brake? someone once told me, i think it was you brian, that there are really only three hard braking areas on this track, end of the backstraight being one of them...

Hard braking? Only off the back straight... There's a little less at the end of Thunder, but it isn't what I would call hard braking. Pretty much, that's it. Most are engine braking entrances and trail braking...

I take hard braking to be turns that require multiple downshifts to enter the corner. That's the back straight and off Thunder. 4 off the back straight (Some do 3 and 1 between 6 and 7) and 2 off Thunder...