Need help with an RV stereo system

Bad324

My dad bought a 1999 Pace Arrow by Fleetwood and asked me to upgrade the stereo in it.

1) I'm going to replace the Head Unit and speakers but need to figure out whats in it already without having to drive all the way out there and pull it apart. I'm having a hard time trying to find the specs on this thing other than in sale ads

2) I've done stereo installs in a few cars and trucks but my main concern is figuring out exactly what harness I'll need to wire in a new head unit. If I recall correctly it already has an aftermarket unit but my dad wants HD radio

3) His budget is only $300 so he's making it a tad harder on me but then again he isn't a huge audiophile, he just wants something better than whats in it

Actually, you shouldn't need anything but the new head unit if I'm not mistaken. They're usually just single din aftermarket stereos. So if it was wired correctly, you should be able to use the factory harness.

Actually, you shouldn't need anything but the new head unit if I'm not mistaken. They're usually just single din aftermarket stereos. So if it was wired correctly, you should be able to use the factory harness.

I don't think I follow what you mean. It is a single din radio but from my experiences in car/truck installs I've always had to order a harness that plugs into the head unit that then plugs into the factory harness

Is it a Ford If Chevy chassis. Possibly Ford? So you will need to two system harness (1 for power 1 for speakers).

Its a Ford F53 Chassis

There are plenty of good radios for under $300.

yea I'm not too worried about the budget, I'm just used to a bit bigger one for my cars/trucks. I'm also way more picky than he is

I don't think I follow what you mean. It is a single din radio but from my experiences in car/truck installs I've always had to order a harness that plugs into the head unit that then plugs into the factory harness

Okay, are you talking about the stereo in the back or the stereo in the front? Or is there only one and the speakers go throughout the RV?

Okay, are you talking about the stereo in the back or the stereo in the front? Or is there only one and the speakers go throughout the RV?

there is only one in the front and I believe 4 speakers. I was only in it once and I was pretty inebriated so I don't remember a whole lot about it