What happens when your bike falls off the ramp during loading

tyler524

I had people laugh that I use four ramps side by side to load /unload mine. strap them down and together and I have more then enough room for me and the bike. still scares me and I wont even think about riding it up. :lol:

Bro sorry to hear about your bike, but seriously? There was not 1 person around or in your cell phone that could have helped? Anytime loading a bike into a truck(mine is lifted over 6 inches in all), I find a ditch back in, and use that to help offset the difference with the ramp I have. Or I find a sidewalk with stairs and do the same thing.

Hate to say it but next time think before you act, I know people have done and will continue to do it, but honestly, it just isn't smart to try to load with ramps alone.

Bro sorry to hear about your bike, but seriously? There was not 1 person around or in your cell phone that could have helped? Anytime loading a bike into a truck(mine is lifted over 6 inches in all), I find a ditch back in, and use that to help offset the difference with the ramp I have. Or I find a sidewalk with stairs and do the same thing.

Hate to say it but next time think before you act, I know people have done and will continue to do it, but honestly, it just isn't smart to try to load with ramps alone.

No one lives close to me that could have helped especially at 11 at night. The closest people are at least a half an hour from me if not further and my gf wasn't getting off work until about 1:30 or 2. I had to get up and leave the house by about 4:30 to head to the track day. I wish I could use a ditch or something but there is nothing around me, the closest thing is for me to put my truck in the yard and then I will gain about an inch and half.

I have the ramp adapters from tractor supply that bolt to a 2x12. They are pinned to prevent them from sliding off the tailgate. Like someone else mentioned, i strap them together for more width. Still scares the crap outta me solo, and so far have always been able to get help loading.

I Have a buddy who uses 2 ramps side by side like this. One for bike, one to walk on. Does it solo. Scary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loading a bike in the back of a truck always scares me....

Thats what I was just thinkin.....and I'm involved with a guy coming down to buy and load a Katana in the back of a pickup at the end of the week. Just need to make sure money has exchanged hands and the paperwork is all signed. But there will be 3 of us......still makes me uneasy. :cool:

don't be silly, i only eat puppies.

sorry i didn't see your post in the may nelson day thread til it was too late. i had some spare you could've borrowed to get through the day. i'd sell them to you, but i'm not sure when i'll need spares next. spares are cheap, and usually easy to come by. check 600rr and ebay for the rear sets and etc. should be able to replace them for about $20.