2006 Ninja 650 - Very well maintained, and loved unconditionally.

RSparky

thanks guys. but, i was hoping for the usual lbts shit lol.

bikerboy, the subject of your post has me curious. or did you change your mind between writing the subject and the body? lol

Sorry i was posting my own post about a trade that i am being offered, accidently , i don't know how , i was posting a reply to ur post , sorry dude.

Wait he is moving up so he is not a vagina. How is that the same as you?:dunno:

I meant the difference was the same :mad:

Plus originally the VFR was the 2nd bike, the more laid back touring/cruising type. Then it proved itself to be worthy of the #1...for awhile at least

My 650 is an in-line twin. It has low-end grunt, and a power band from 7k-9k. High torque, but not much horsepower when you rev it out.

600's are in-line 4 cylinders. They're whiny and bitchy sounding, but... The more you twist it, the more horsepower you get. Plus, what I'm expecting to upgrade to, is a super-sport, so the suspension will be an upgrade.

My 650 is more like a sport tourer. Looks sporty, but the bars, seat, rearsets, motor, ang drive are all optimized for touring. I will certainly miss that, as a commuter, but nothing fills all role perfectly. If I could stick an in-line four in her frame, I just might. Then, slowly upgrade the suspension bits as I see fit. But I can't.

The real downer about switching to an SS though, will be insurance. I paid $83 for the year for her...

I might be stupid, but how do you move "up" from a 650 to a 600?

Sparky summarized it quite well, but the horsepower numbers are what really do the talking.

2008 Kawasaki 650R = ~70hp. Top speed is a shade over 130

2008 Kawasaki ZX6-R = ~110hp. Top speed will be in excess of 150, and it will pull significantly harder from 30 mph on (which is about when the 650's torque stops mattering as much as the 600's horsepower)

the suspensions will also be a lot different. the 650 class (SV and EX) has damping-rod style forks. 600's made in the 2000's and beyond have cartridge style forks, and anything made after 2005 has inverted forks to reduce un-sprung weight, and increase rigidity.

Sparky summarized it quite well, but the horsepower numbers are what really do the talking.

2008 Kawasaki 650R = ~70hp. Top speed is a shade over 130

2008 Kawasaki ZX6-R = ~110hp. Top speed will be in excess of 150, and it will pull significantly harder from 30 mph on (which is about when the 650's torque stops mattering as much as the 600's horsepower)

the suspensions will also be a lot different. the 650 class (SV and EX) has damping-rod style forks. 600's made in the 2000's and beyond have cartridge style forks, and anything made after 2005 has inverted forks to reduce un-sprung weight, and increase rigidity.

Thanks! I don't know enough about the engines to know this. I'd love this bike, but I can't afford it.

Thanks! I don't know enough about the engines to know this. I'd love this bike, but I can't afford it.

think of it as "bigger pistons, bigger torque. smaller pistons, bigger horsepower." Then liquid cooling will almost always allow for higher RPM than air cooling, so liquid cooled engines usually put out more power than air-cooled engines of the same size and configuration.

My 650 is an in-line twin. It has low-end grunt, and a power band from 7k-9k. High torque, but not much horsepower when you rev it out.

600's are in-line 4 cylinders. They're whiny and bitchy sounding, but... The more you twist it, the more horsepower you get. Plus, what I'm expecting to upgrade to, is a super-sport, so the suspension will be an upgrade.

My 650 is more like a sport tourer. Looks sporty, but the bars, seat, rearsets, motor, ang drive are all optimized for touring. I will certainly miss that, as a commuter, but nothing fills all role perfectly. If I could stick an in-line four in her frame, I just might. Then, slowly upgrade the suspension bits as I see fit. But I can't.

The real downer about switching to an SS though, will be insurance. I paid $83 for the year for her...

May be a tiny bit biased, but what you are describing is the beloved FZ6.... Inline 4, claimed 97 horsepower, comfortable as heck, nearly 50 miles to the gallon, and can do 185 while kicking it sideways at 140 with old brown bears and flying mustangs flapping their hooves. It's that bad ass.

Um, IP, is it new? sounds a little unfair, unless it's a sexy monster. Haven't seen, so I don't wanna judge.

btw, the ad says $4500, but I'd go to $4000. Just expecting craigslist's usual.

Also, I converted it to mostly stock now. And am in the middle of washing every piece of plastic, and the frame and engine and anything else I can reach.

It still has the xenons, clear alternatives tail, and sportbars. I have a stock headlight assembly, and bulbs, so I could go to stock but I don't know who would want to do that. Likewise for the butt, I still have the fender. As for sportbars, I like them, so while I'm riding I'll leave them on. But I do have stock handlebars too.

So far, haven't had any bites on it yet.

Um, IP, is it new? sounds a little unfair, unless it's a sexy monster. Haven't seen, so I don't wanna judge.

btw, the ad says $4500, but I'd go to $4000. Just expecting craigslist's usual.

Also, I converted it to mostly stock now. And am in the middle of washing every piece of plastic, and the frame and engine and anything else I can reach.

It still has the xenons, clear alternatives tail, and sportbars. I have a stock headlight assembly, and bulbs, so I could go to stock but I don't know who would want to do that. Likewise for the butt, I still have the fender. As for sportbars, I like them, so while I'm riding I'll leave them on. But I do have stock handlebars too.

So far, haven't had any bites on it yet.

These are great bikes. I'd post at $3999 firm. I think you'd get it.

The 650R is a great rider's bike. Kawasaki made a big deal about designing the bike to fit the rider, and they actually did a damn good job. It's not quite as sporty as an SV650, but you wouldn't know it unless you were to race them against each other.

if yours has any flaw, it might be that it's TOO nice to afford.