2009 Yamaha YZFR1 auction

TheBrown57

3k93ob3le5V45Z25W0b5j25f8c9e5dca21397.jpg

If you located near Trenton there is a Police auction this Sat at 10am and there is a 09 Yamaha. I don't care for these bikes but someone on here might starting bid is $3000

CL add (has pic of bike)

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/gms/2390434509.html

PDF of everything for sale

http://www.ci.trenton.oh.us/2011Auction.pdf

I live directly across from the police station hope to get some misc. stuff :D

I've never done the police auction thing, but I'd imagine there's some title issues you'd have to jump through to be able to street that bike again, yes?

It gets the equivalent of a salvage/theft recovery title, correct? So it'd need to be inspected, etc... Not that it would stop me from buying it for $3k, just additional details if you wanted to do anything but track it.

I've had one salvage title an that was my car after an accident I fixed took it down to the highway patrol on cin-day rd got it inspected an then I got a clear title (or a piece of paper that cleared it and I went to the BMV can't remember exactly) was really simple though

Salvage "rebuilt" title. I did the same with a car that I bought from an impound yard years ago. I took it to Warrens state highway patrol center and they inspected it. You have to keep any receipts if you replace anything. The fender was a bit bashed up and the driver side mirror was busted. Worst part was I had to wait like two months before I could get in.

Title shouldn't be an issue. The police will basically help getting a title issued in your name if you're the winning bidder. The biggest problem with these auctions is that they tend to not be that great a deal when you consider you're buying "as is" with no opportunity to test/drive or even listen to it running usually. The auctioneer will tell you it runs or doesn't run, but there ain't no complaining or refunds once it's yours. I've been to several Sheriff's auctions here in Hamilton Cty and ALL the vehicles went for WAY OVER what I was willing to give for a 'pig in a poke'...

Last time I went, there was an '06 CBR1KRR that looked clean, but I stood around for about three hours waiting till they sold the crap--and there's a bunch of that to wade thru--so I could bid on the Honda, and within 30 seconds of the starting bid, the price was over $6500 and going up. I turned around and left before the bidding was even done.

Maybe if you're lucky, you'll be the only one there with the interest and the cash, but I'm betting you'll waste your time and be sorely disappointed with the final price. Just giving ya a heads up...

This weekend is also the 27th annual Trenton Garage sales so there will be alot of people around and people selling things Ill be one of em :D got a tv, guitar and a parts bike along with some small things

Title shouldn't be an issue. The police will basically help getting a title issued in your name if you're the winning bidder. The biggest problem with these auctions is that they tend to not be that great a deal when you consider you're buying "as is" with no opportunity to test/drive or even listen to it running usually. The auctioneer will tell you it runs or doesn't run, but there ain't no complaining or refunds once it's yours. I've been to several Sheriff's auctions here in Hamilton Cty and ALL the vehicles went for WAY OVER what I was willing to give for a 'pig in a poke'...

Last time I went, there was an '06 CBR1KRR that looked clean, but I stood around for about three hours waiting till they sold the crap--and there's a bunch of that to wade thru--so I could bid on the Honda, and within 30 seconds of the starting bid, the price was over $6500 and going up. I turned around and left before the bidding was even done.

Maybe if you're lucky, you'll be the only one there with the interest and the cash, but I'm betting you'll waste your time and be sorely disappointed with the final price. Just giving ya a heads up...

Basically my experience with police auctions as well.

Anything worth having is bid up past what a good private owner deal would be. I imagine it's hit or miss depending on who shows up but the more publicity an auction gets the worse your chances are of getting a good deal. I have even seen an extreme case where and auction was advertized and discussed so much in the local paper that a Corvette sold for more than I could have bought one at a dealer.

ive seen this at a lot of auctions too....especially on highly desirable items....sure you might get a smokin deal on a 1994 cavalier for $300 for your teenage kid, but i bet that bike goes for more than you could pick one up on craigslist for...the best auctions take place on a week day, and arent well known....a saturday 10am auction almost isnt even worth going to IMO, espeically if its been advertised on CL with a pic of a 2009 r1 lol

From a police auction site:

"Even though the car was seized by the police, and taken away from the original owner, the bank or finance company may still have a lien on that car. Even though you buy that car at a police auto auction, you will still have to make some arrangement to pay off the finance company unless the police do that with some of the money that they receive."