memorial day

cOoTeR

I posted this up last year and didn't get any interest but I'll try again this year. Every year on memorial day the small town I grew up in has a parade, memorial/recognition ceremony for the past and present members of our armed forces. Then that is followed by a hog roast at the volunteer fire department. I would like to get a group of Ohio riders to participate in the parade. I promised my nephew he could ride on the back of my bike this year so I'm going to ride in it regardless. The ceremony takes place at the local cemetery at the end of the parade route. It's a great chance to give thanks to and be recognized as a member of the armed forces. The hog roast benefits the fire department and the food is awesome. I know a lot of people stay away from parades for fear of overheating their bikes. But this is a short route so I doubt there's anything to worry about. People come from all around to see this parade and enjoy the hog roast. If your interested in participating I believe the meeting time to be in the parade is 9am at the Baptist church in radnor (delaware county). If you want more details let me know. If anyone wants to afterwards we can do some riding.

The Bro-in-law is home for the holiday. We have a big shindig planned at his place. Even though he is a short timer past retirement. We try and spend as much time as possible with him. He's a hero and deserves everything we do for him, because of what he did for everyone else.

Uh, I have to pass anyway, because yes even a short route the hawk would be running the fan and pushing the red line if not puking anti-matter all over the pavement.

:D you know that thing produces power like a nuclear reactor.

i'll be cabin-ing it up in hocking hills, but I'm taking my scooter with me. so if you see a squid gheying up hocking hills with a blue yamahahaha vino making vrrooooommmm noises, wave hi.

No disrespect to active duty military and military veterans, but Memorial day is set aside to remember those who have DIED defending our country.

Those who are still living are honored on Veteran's day.

I think it's appropriate to acknowledge the service of those who defend our country a lot more often than twice a year, but it doesn't have to be a holiday for that. I'm always appreciative of our servicemen and women, and I tell them so when I encounter them. My old company was based in Atlanta, so every time I went through that damn airport, I shook more hands than a presidential candidate, but I'd like to think they appreciated the gesture.

• Upvote 1

It's all good. It was a good parade with a great ceremony afterwards.

My nephew had a blast, he got to wear his motocross helmet with his mowhawk on it and wave to his friends.

CoOTeR, it was nice to meet you and your nephew. Beautiful day for a parade!

Words of wisdom from a six year old!

"You only shake hands twice, because if you do it more than that, your just holding hands"

gergwheel, it was good to meet you too. let me know how that headset works out.

Bill.

CoOTeR, it was nice to meet you and your nephew. Beautiful day for a parade!

Words of wisdom from a six year old!

"You only shake hands twice, because if you do it more than that, your just holding hands"

gergwheel, it was good to meet you too. let me know how that headset works out.

Bill.

Yeah my nephew is a bit of a nut sometimes. I'm just glad he was being nice, sometimes he says things just to be mean. Once he told my fiancee that she was the ugliest girl he knows. He says stuff to get a rise out of people. He should be a comedian.