Suicide at the powder room in powell

attentiongetter92

Death Watch.

I read that in middle-school I think. It's about some kind of desert guide who is hired by a rich dude, and then they knock him out and take all his supplies.

He gets a few hours head-start, and the hunter picked him explicitly because he was skilled at surviving, etc. More of a challenge.

Never read the end, but I remember the guy eating bird eggs basically raw, and drinking the radiator water from some abandoned car or something...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathwatch_%28novel%29

The book I read was the Most Dangerous Game. There have been several movies including comedies with this plot, the Pest.

The book I read was the Most Dangerous Game. There have been several movies including comedies with this plot, the Pest.

omg THAT was it. I had to look it up but Most Dangerous Game is absolutely the one I was thinking of

Haha, nope, land is private and patrolled as it is part of the fairfield parks system for the time being, but I can shoot/hunt, do whatever I want there. We have a family lodge there on life estate until my great aunt dies. Once that happens the county takes the land and property, most likely it will be shut down forever after that. Sad but if that is the case maybe I can just get the land back, although the lodge is amaizng.

Indoor shuffleboard in the middle of the room in front of the fireplace.

that has to be it then, it had to have been middle school or early high school and knowing Brecksville I'm sure they didnt change curriculum much from you to me lol

I didn't read it FOR school, just IN school. Jeremy Salupo recommended it to me. No idea why I remember that.

I don't stay off bridges because some tortured soul jumped.

Well, you're not going to get killed by that. Who knows what a suicidal person with a gun will do at a range. Also, nobody wants to enjoy a day of shooting and get it topped off with brains blown all over them. At least that's how I feel about it.

I can shoot/hunt, do whatever I want there. We have a family lodge there on life estate until my great aunt dies.

read up on Ohio's adverse possession laws; primarily how long you have to continue open and notorious & continuous and uninterrupted use.

It's really shockingly simple to get land for free that way... Takes a long time, but shockingly simple.

Well, you're not going to get killed by that. Who knows what a suicidal person with a gun will do at a range. Also, nobody wants to enjoy a day of shooting and get it topped off with brains blown all over them. At least that's how I feel about it.

My point was really that not going to a range because someone offed himself is an over reaction. It's akin to fearing guns because of Columbine or water because of a shark attack.

I can say for certain that this is very real as this person was a personal friend of mine. I only found this thread after hours of searching to find answers myself.

This came as a total shock to his friends and family as this person was very much respected, very well liked, charitable, outgoing, as well as came from a family with a rich heritage in the Toledo/Maumee area.

He had plenty of friends that would have given pretty much anything to help had he only reached out and let us know he was in so much personal pain. He was going through some tough times with his marriage, but that is no excuse.

Personally, I am mad at him for this, as well as deeply saddened by this event. My heart goes out to his children, who I know he loved so much.

Rest in peace my friend.

I thought "the game" was about a birthday present?

I think you are thinking "Surviving the Game"

The book is "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell

http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/danger.html

Excellent read and a short story so doesn't take much time.

Craig

Edited by CBBaron

I can say for certain that this is very real as this person was a personal friend of mine. I only found this thread after hours of searching to find answers myself.

This came as a total shock to his friends and family as this person was very much respected, very well liked, charitable, outgoing, as well as came from a family with a rich heritage in the Toledo/Maumee area.

He had plenty of friends that would have given pretty much anything to help had he only reached out and let us know he was in so much personal pain. He was going through some tough times with his marriage, but that is no excuse.

Personally, I am mad at him for this, as well as deeply saddened by this event. My heart goes out to his children, who I know he loved so much.

Rest in peace my friend.

Sorry about your loss.