After a long search I found it!

modular

Since the Street Rod came out I have lusted after one. I have been through 2 Sportsters, an Iron and an XR1200. Both fun bikes but just not for me and I knew I did not want a big twin. I have been searching for a clean low mile Black Cherry VRSCR for a decent price for 4 months. I found a 1 owner trade in at a dealer in N. Carolina. It had 1843 original miles on it when I picked it up last week.

In the last few days I added TAB baffled pipes, Amsoil air filter, Amsoil oil filter, Amsoil 20W50, Screamin Eagle Race Fueler, rear signal relocaters with a trimmed rear signal/plate holder monstrosity and had new ME 880's installed. Rode quite a bit yesterday to scuff the tires and dial in the SERF. Local dealer charges $200 for a dyno tune session. I may or may not do that as it runs great now and getting 37 mpg. This thing is a hoot to ride and handles surprisingly well with plenty of power for me. Anywhoo here are some before and afters....

As purchased:

P5212741.jpg

P5212733.jpg

P5212742.jpg

After a little work:

P5282759.jpg

P5282761.jpg

P5282755.jpg

P5282756.jpg

• Upvote 2

This is a Street Rod so it actually handles corners well. They were not very popular and were only made for 2 years. Lots of differences over the standard Rods. I LOVE the motor in the V's as well.

I LOVE the vrods! I would love to own one for some city riding antics. :D Sportbikes just blow in the city IMO.

My philosophy = sportbikes (country roads and no stop/go riding)

Cruisers (City riding)

Agreed...

Sweet ride! I'm still thinking about switching over to cruiser mode.

Agreed...

Sweet ride! I'm still thinking about switching over to cruiser mode.

you better ride someone's first. they don't ride or handle like your sportbike. they turn slow and you have to push on the bars really hard leaned over to keep the front from turning into the corner. I think they suck to ride. they're not as comfortable as you might think. (cruisers in general)

actually they hurt my back. you have to hold yourself up on them whereas your bike you don't.

it's a totally different world and one I don't like. a sport touring bike is the best of both worlds

Edited by serpentracer

That's why I looked for a VRSCR Street Rod-'06/'07 or VRSCD Night Rod('06-'08) with the mid controls. The Street Rod has other tweeks that make it more corner friendly as well. That info is easy to find on the 'net so I won't go into that here.

I LOVE the vrods! I would love to own one for some city riding antics. :D Sportbikes just blow in the city IMO.

My philosophy = sportbikes (country roads and no stop/go riding)

Cruisers (City riding)

That's really funny, I've always thought the opposite.

Nice V-rod. It's a shame Harley owners don't like progress. That's a great motorcycle with an amazing engine. Good find!