I need to clean up my workshop...

Scruit

I have a habit of doing oil changes / coolant changes and then lazily leaving the container of oil or coolant inthe corner of my workshop. Figured I'd better clean up the dozen of so tubs of fluids so I started pouring the oil into a single large container that I could take to the auto parts store for disposal.

I got to the one shallow plastic tub that had oil in it, and it also has some lumps in it. Oil with dissolved paper towels...?

I started scooping the oil up and realised it was just a thin layer of oil on top of coolant. Unusual for me to mix fluid, but oh well.

As I was trying to cram one of the lumps into the openeing of an old milk jug I suddenly realized that the lump had legs. And a tail.

They were dissolved paper towels, they were dead mice. About half a dozen.

It wasn't oil, it was decomposed mouse juice. :puke:

I figure the mice had crawled up into the tub of coolant, attracted by the sweet smell. They they couldn't get out and drowned. Then decomposed. This tub has been in the corner of my workshop for about 8 or 9 years.

Well, happy to report that that shocked me into cleaning my workshop up spotless. Disposing of all the fluids correctly etc. No more decomposed mouse juice for me... :nono:

I have a habit of doing oil changes / coolant changes and then lazily leaving the container of oil or coolant inthe corner of my workshop. Figured I'd better clean up the dozen of so tubs of fluids so I started pouring the oil into a single large container that I could take to the auto parts store for disposal.

I got to the one shallow plastic tub that had oil in it, and it also has some lumps in it. Oil with dissolved paper towels...?

I started scooping the oil up and realised it was just a thin layer of oil on top of coolant. Unusual for me to mix fluid, but oh well.

As I was trying to cram one of the lumps into the openeing of an old milk jug I suddenly realized that the lump had legs. And a tail.

They were dissolved paper towels, they were dead mice. About half a dozen.

It wasn't oil, it was decomposed mouse juice. :puke:

I figure the mice had crawled up into the tub of coolant, attracted by the sweet smell. They they couldn't get out and drowned. Then decomposed. This tub has been in the corner of my workshop for about 8 or 9 years.

Well, happy to report that that shocked me into cleaning my workshop up spotless. Disposing of all the fluids correctly etc. No more decomposed mouse juice for me... :nono:

I suddenly have the urge to get rid of the open bucket of coolant that's been in my garage about 2 years...

What's the best way/place to dispose of these?

I suddenly have the urge to get rid of the open bucket of coolant that's been in my garage about 2 years...

What's the best way/place to dispose of these?

Apparently to feed it to rodents. :)

I keep an empty 105lb steel Mobil oil barrel in the corner of my garage that I use for waste oil all year long.....once it's full, I strap it into the back of my truck and bring it to work to pump out into our waste oil tank. Usually takes a good year to fill it between the car, the truck, dirtbike, 2 streetbikes, riding mower, and push mower, snowblower, rototiller.

lol thats funny coincidence. Yesterday during our cookout I found a dead mouse floating in a jug of old fryer grease sitting in the corner of his garage that he forgot about