I have been tying my shoes wrong my whole life!

chevysoldier

And apparently you have too! I saw this on wimp.com and had to try it out. It really seems to work and be a stronger knot. I showed my wife how I tie my shoes and she comments "You tie them like a leftie." I'm right handed. :( I need to find out if my older sister taught me how to tie shoes. lol I also have a problem with my work boots coming untied often so now I am gonna try this out. Takes some getting used to though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAFcV7zuUDA

when i was a kid i was too stupid to unstand the whole loop thing...so i dont tie my knots either of those ways

i do the first part, then when you make the one loop and go around it, i actually make two loops and then knot them together....it looks the same when its completed, it just isnt tied in either of those ways lol

i have always done it the strong way because i always hated when the bow goes up and down, i figured out when i was about 10 that by going over instead of under it would make the bow go the right way, i never realized it was a better knot, i just hated when the knot was sideways. i was a bit OSD when i was younger and still am kinda lol

i have always done it the strong way because i always hated when the bow goes up and down, i figured out when i was about 10 that by going over instead of under it would make the bow go the right way, i never realized it was a better knot, i just hated when the knot was sideways. i was a bit OSD when i was younger and still am kinda lol

You were a smart kid. lol

I have velcro shoes to avoid all of this BS. Plus I don't have to worry about my laces getting caught in the bike chain and such. :)

So does my dad. :p

i always double knotted after i made the bow. I would only have to tie my shoes maybe once a month it was awesome in school :D though I currently where cowboy steel toe boots all the time lol

So does my dad. :p

Sounds like a smart guy. ;) I used to wear lace up shoes when I mountain biked in NY. It only took one time for the lace to get caught up in the spindle before I switched to velcro shoes. Can't imagine getting a lace caught in the sprocket of one of the bikes. :eek: On longer trips I have real foot ware so no tennis shoes needed.

Sounds like a smart guy. ;) I used to wear lace up shoes when I mountain biked in NY. It only took one time for the lace to get caught up in the spindle before I switched to velcro shoes. Can't imagine getting a lace caught in the sprocket of one of the bikes. :eek: On longer trips I have real foot ware so no tennis shoes needed.

Eh, he's just lazy.

this is almost as amazing as when i discovered i was peeling bannanas wrong

:confused:

when i was a kid i was too stupid to unstand the whole loop thing...so i dont tie my knots either of those ways

i do the first part, then when you make the one loop and go around it, i actually make two loops and then knot them together....it looks the same when its completed, it just isnt tied in either of those ways lol

That's actually a better way in my opinion. It stays tied longer for me.

Some one taught me that, they called it a "baby knot", for tying baby shoes. Because baby shoes get untied all the time.

I used the strong side knot before. I did not know it could be done a weak side way, so that the stupid loops went up and down instead of side to side. I still learn something new everyday.

edit: wait, just tried it... the two loops together can be done two ways also. Strong and weak...

So there are four ways to tie your shoes...

Edited by ReconRat