I have been tying my shoes wrong my whole life!

chevysoldier

Wow, I'm gonna have to try that, I can usually get it open from the top but sometimes it ends up all smashed from me bending the top back and forth lol

That's exactly the way I used to do it. Or even cut off part of the top of the banana to peel it. Squeezing the bottom works perfectly and I've never gone back. 28 years of doing it wrong and more difficult.

this is almost as amazing as when i discovered i was peeling bannanas wrong

its funny, i always peeled bananas by squeezing the tip (thats what she said). i never understood why ppl like to muck about with the stem part.

doesnt anyone wonder why your standard banana peel has the stem at the top?

bananapeel.jpg

Sounds like a smart guy. ;) I used to wear lace up shoes when I mountain biked in NY. It only took one time for the lace to get caught up in the spindle before I switched to velcro shoes. Can't imagine getting a lace caught in the sprocket of one of the bikes. :eek: On longer trips I have real foot ware so no tennis shoes needed.

When mountain biking in the skate shoes I wear, I tuck the knot/loops/ends back under in between the laces and the tounge. They stay tied like this pretty much indefinitely since the knot isn't just flopping around, and I just slip them on and off. If wearing lace-up boots on a motorcycle, I tuck them in in whatever fashion works. The more embarrassing danger on a motorcycle is when you go to put your foot out when you stop and the laces are caught on the peg. I only did that once (luckily I managed to rip away from the peg before I fell over).